Apology🖤

Xavier's pov:

Finishing my work by the evening, I reached the mansion by 6. I straight up went to my room, took a bath and got ready for the dinner. I knew that Mimi must have got everything ready for the dinner .

Lucas messaged me that they would be here till 7. I went downstairs and looked for Mimi. When I asked Parker, one of the house helps about Anna , he told me that she went to her room. I assume that she might be getting ready for today's dinner . I wanted to have a talk with her regarding her changed behaviour .

I went to her room and knocked the door .
"Come in." She said.
I went inside . She looked at me for a second and then resumed making her hair.
I went to her and asked , "What's the matter Mimi? You have been acting a bit weird since yesterday night . I have noticed that. Have I done something wrong ?"
"No." She replied .

"Please Mimi, I am already in a not very good condition right now. With Dan being upset, it's already tough? Don't make it miserable for me by not talking. Please.
You know what you mean to me. I cannot withstand your anger. Please talk to me and tell me what's my mistake ." I pleaded her.
"You know Xavier, you are are not like my child, you ARE my child. I have raised you .I always wanted to give the best of upbringing to both of you and you know when a child does something wrong , his parents are at as much as fault as he is." She said.

" What do you want to say Mimi?"

" You know, Maya, she is really an amazing girl. She is not like those plastic dolls you brought home many a times. She is different . Never even for a second , she treated me like a others did. She is the most polite person I have seen . I don't know what made you think of her as a slut but, let me tell you I have seen world more than you.
You may be the biggest business tycoon right now but, I am much elder to you and I have experienced how the world runs. I dont judge people. But, after spending time with Maya, even if it's only for two days , I have known her enough that I can tell she is not a SLUT . "

Mimi's words were a thorn to my ears. How could Maya do this? How could she corrupt my relation with Mimi. I won't ever forgive her for this.
You'll pay for this stunt Maya.

"And before you erupt with anger, let me tell you she didn't complain about you to me . Yesterday, after I went to her room , I talked to her. I apologized to her for my mistake and hugged her when she told me that I was not at fault there . Any other person at her place would have held me responsible for their condition. But, she instead told me that I was not at fault there and she was the one who was mistaken.
Listening her soft words , I hugged her. Not out of courtesy , but I felt the need . As soon as I hugged her , she bursted down in my embrace. She cried for nearly 20 minutes and then after, I kind of forced her to tell me what was bothering her, then she started with all the things. I know it's not my place to tell you about her. But, seeing your behaviour with her , I think you should have a reality check ."

"What are you talking about Mimi?" I asked.

"You might think that this marriage happened by her choice . Even if her father put forth the proposal for this marriage, you might think that he went home and talked to her about all these things and then she said yes. But ,no dear, her father didn't even ask her once. She hasn't even seen those prenuptial papers. Her father made her sign the papers . She had no idea why was she getting married , with whom she was getting married. Everything was literally forced upon her . Still , thinking it as her destiny she went ahead with the procedure and came here with you . Any other person ,who would be on her place , would have made your life a hell in only a day.
But still today , when she got to know that I was behaving distant with you because of what she told me yesterday about you, she literally begged me to talk to you , understand you and not be upset with you. She told me that you have been going through the same hell as she is. Can you imagine a person whom you called as slut, questioned her character and who you think as a gold digger is defending you in front of me knowing that you won't know any of this ? She clearly told me to not tell you anything regarding our conversation.
But , I felt that you should know this. Now , tell me what is her mistake in all this ? She was not at fault when her father went bankrupt . She was not at fault when her father sold her to you. She was not at fault when she was forced into signing some papers . She was not at fault when she was forced to marry you. She was not at fault when she had to leave everything behind including her name just to stand on the words of her parents . She was also not at fault when instead of talking to her properly , you termed her as a slut. She was definitely not at fault when you assumed her deteriorating health to be her pregnancy." Mimi told me with her voice cracking at the last  and disgust clearly voicing out.