Happiness 🖤

Xavier's pov:

"Don't tell me you were awake the whole night? " Lucas questioned.
I kept quiet knowing that he catches my lie very quickly.

He came to me and said, "You very well know that Maya won't get up like this . You are staying awake the whole night. Is it helping her in anyway? You need to be healthy yourself to take care of her." He said.

"I know man. But, I couldn't close my eyes hoping that she would open hers soon. I was afraid the whole night thinking what would happen if I slept and she woke up and she would need something." I said looking at Maya with hope in my eyes.

I looked at Lucas again and said, "Just tell me one thing . You went after midnight from here and you're back this early. Even you wouldn't have slept. Why are you here this early? You should have taken rest a bit ."
I asked him .

"Actually Dan is gonna come at around 9. I need to pick her up from the airport. So, I thought of bringing you breakfast and your clothes . I also wanted to have a check on Maya once, before I go to the airport.
Because, Dan has no idea about what happened here in these two days and explaining her everything would take time." He said.

After that , he sat near Maya and asked me to go and shower.
I went in hospital washroom itself , had a quick shower and came back to Maya's room.
There was Lucas with his hand over her forehead, stroking it slightly. I really felt very proud of my best friend.

After chatting for around 15-20 minutes, he left for the airport with his driver.
I was continuously talking to Maya, hoping that she would listen and wake up.
It was around 10 in the morning when Daisy came.
"Good morning Mr. Adams."
"Good morning to you too Daisy . And please, cut the formalities. You can call me Xavier. " I told her. It felt like a official meeting whenever she addressed me Mr. Adams.

We chatted for around 15-20 minutes , when she received a call from hospital regarding an emergency.
She went to her hospital , promising that she will return as soon as possible.
Even Liam came to check Maya twice from the morning.
Mimi has been calling continuously and asking for Maya's updates. Even, she has been traumatized from the incident.
It was around 2 in the afternoon when my eyes started to get heavy.
I asked a nurse to get a coffee delivered to me , so that I can be awake. I drank coffee and went back to my talking with Maya.
The evening passed.
The night passed.
With the same routine , I was continuously talking to Maya but no answer came from her side.

Lucas called me to inform that he told Dan about everything.
But, he somehow convinced her to visit Maya after she gets discharged from the hospital as she wouldn't be able to see Maya in this state.
Even , Daisy was stuck in certain emergency at the hospital. But, she was continuously calling every hour and so was the case with Mimi.

The time kept on passing.
But, it didn't matter to me whether it was morning, night, afternoon or evening.
I was the same person who has been awake from the last 32 hours from when incident happened. The nurses and doctors are continuously trying to convince me to have a nap and they would look after Maya.
But, I can't trust anyone with Maya.

I want to stay with her when she opens her eyes. I want to be the one with my wife when she gets up, not some other nurse or doctor.
It was probably 11:00 in the next morning.
I was still the same person who was talking to Maya from the last 45 hours continuously without getting any response.
I don't know my why but, my eyes watered and a few teardrops fell from my eyes on Maya's hands that I was holding.
When I tried to free my hand from hers to wipe my tears, I felt a strong tug on it.

I tried to take my hand out again, but I saw her fingers holding it tightly.
But, I thought of it as a general reaction of a person's body in response when someone holds their hands continuously.
But, suddenly her index finger moved slightly.
And that was when, I got that she was trying to wake up.