Truth or Lie🖤

Xavier's pov:

Counting seconds and minutes was all I had been doing since last half an hour. Sometime before, Dan called me to inform that Maya has set out to meet me in fury. She created a sort of scene at home and I was pretty sure that this was going to happen here too. Keeping in mind to not become an entertainment for anyone, I sent Mrs. Molly who works as a caretaker and cook at my Penthouse and Joseph who works as my driver out of the place. Generally, Parker is the one who is always with me. But, this time I couldn't leave Maya alone. I strictly instructed him to be with Maya, always.

Suddenly, I heard a loud banging on the door. It was an indication of the terrible storm coming towards me. Before I could open the door, I saw the lock rotating, indicating that Parker must have given her the spare key. The door swung open revealing my extremely furious wife with the papers in her hand.

She stood at a notable distance from me. Her hostile glare and face contorted with rage made me sigh in defeat.
"Parker! Out!" He silently went outside.
I sat on the couch waiting for her to start. I knew it was going to be a long fight. I looked at her in the eyes. As soon as my eyes met hers, I saw a sudden change of emotions in a swift manner. So quick, that I wasn't able to identify the earlier look.

She hurriedly took out the papers from the envelopes and they immediately hit my face. She threw them with so much force that I'm pretty sure it would have caused some rashes.

"I think you should sit and talk. No need to be violent." I clenched my fist trying to keep my calm.
"Don't tell me what to do." Irritation surged up inside her.

She took deep breaths trying to calm her thumping nerves.
"Why are you so eager to divorce me?" She asked. Her tone had lowered down to the normal but, her voice still dripping venom.
I kept quite, not having words to reply her.

"WHY?" She shouted at the topmost of her voice.
I flinched at her tone and replied, "I'm not."
"Then, why the fuck are these made? One thing I know for sure that these are not for making paper boats."
"You were not happy with me. So, I'm realising you from this bond."
"I was happy with you. I was the happiest with you. But, not when you decide to keep on whoring around. You know what, I think you did a great job . We should get ahead with this divorce. Just that, I want to change one thing.
On these papers, it's written that the reason for divorce is compatibility issues. Change that . Correct it with INFEDILITY and CHEATING."

"What made you say that? You know that I did it once and I regret that. I apologized to you for that."
"Oh yeah. You did apologize. But, you also said that you won't ever even think about doing that again."
"And, you know that I'm true to my words." I clarified myself.
"Fuck your words you cheater. But, if by being true to your words mean that you can shove your tongue into someone's mouth and act like nothing happened, then for sure you were true to your words." She laughed bitterly.
"Watch your mouth Maya. I didn't do any such thing. What rubbish are you speaking?"
"I'm speaking rubbish. Oh yeah!" Her bitter laugh grew louder and tears started to make their way to her cheeks.
"I think there's some big misunderstanding. Please talk to me Maya. We need to clear it. I'm speaking the truth Maya. I didn't cheat on you."

"Don't you fucking dare to act all innocent. I myself saw you kissing her."
That was a big shock to me. When did she see me? With whom she saw me?
"Maya please be clear. I'm not getting a single thing. I'm honestly innocent in this case."
"Oh yeah! You are really innocent. All the time you were innocent. But, not when I myself saw you kissing Caroline."
"When?"
"When I came to your office. When I went downstairs to say bye to Chris, I came back to see my Oh So Innocent husband having a girl on his lap and kissing her hungrily."

Maya's pov:

He was quite for a minute or two before sighing in relief.
"What happened Mr. Adams? Cat caught your tongue. No words to prove yourself innocent now."
"Oh Maya! Only if you would have stood there another second, you would have seen the reality. It wasn't as it seemed." He said.
"What story you have now?"
"I don't have a story. It's the reality. I agree that you are speaking the truth. But, that's only the half of it. You didn't see me kissing her. It seemed like that. She kissed me and that too in a moment so fast that I couldn't react. But, as soon as I was able to, I pushed her away. She started to throw herself at me but, I didn't accept her advances. I promise that this isn't what you're thinking. I didn't cheat on you. I was and always will be loyal to you.