Cheating 🖤

Xavier's pov:

Not that he is a tough nut to crack, but it sometimes gets stressful with the detailed discussion with Mr. Harris. But, the ventures with him have always proved really profitable. It was almost the lunch time when the meeting ended. I went towards my cabin, when the wisphering sounds of my employees reached my ears. I stood at an audible distance from them, keeping in mind to stay out of their vision.

"I think there's something going on between them."
"You heard the voices coming out of the cabin. Seems like there's lot of fun inside."
Such voices along their giggling sounds reached my ears, making me fume with anger and jealousy.
I went towards the door and slowly twisted the knob.

"No No. Please Chris. You can't do this. Please."
"Ohh poor child! I can do much more. Just let me get to you."
Maya and Chris were running all around the cabin. Their laughter was what escaping the cabin and reaching out. Chris was chasing her and she was running away from him, all the while sound of her laugh being a melody.
I entered the cabin and stood there watching them playing God knows what. None of them seemed to notice me.

I went forward and cleared my throat. As soon as they saw me, their laughter died and they stood rooted to their place.
Just to let them know that they have created a mess of my cabin, I looked around, scanning the surroundings.

The files were all misplaced, not in their shelves but on the floor. The pen stand and the paper weights, that once were used for my work, now scattered into broken pieces, near the table. The couch lost its shape and the pillows, one in Maya's hand and the other one in Chris'. Overall, my once very well organised office space looked like a destructed place.
What was most shocking, were their faces and the surprise their emotions held when they looked at the mess, they themselves created.
They looked at each other horrified and hurriedly started cleaning the mess.

"Wait!" I said and both of their turned towards me looking all frightened.
"Chris, go and check the arrangements in the VIP lounge. Mr. Harris went for his lunch and he'll be resting there after that till his meeting with Maya starts. He shall come there in some 40 mins. Go and have your lunch after that."
"Yee...ess S.. Sir." He stammered and went from there.

Maya stood there, her face down and finger trembling.
"Maya." I called.
She closed her eyes tightly and fear took over her beauty. I went upto her and said, "You very well know what I'll do if you act stubborn."
And, as expected her eyes shot open.

Maya's pov:

He was looking intently at me and I was trying to decode some emotions on his complete emotionless face.
He put his hand on my cheek and said, "Hungry?"
I, stilled frightened of his reaction, chose to keep quite.
"For instance, you're not answering but, I'm hungry. Let's go." He said and pulled me with him by my wrist.

We were right now, sitting at a restaurant waiting for our food to arrive. I haven't dared to speak a word since then. I am afraid of his reaction to the mess I created in his office. From the corner of my eye, I saw him looking at me intently. I can't keep mum all the time. I need to apologise. Despite fearing his reaction, I opened my mouth.

"I'm sorry." I said, still not lifting my eyes from the table.
Not hearing anything from him, I looked up to see him in the same position as he was before.
"I said I'm sorry." I again apologized.
"I heard that." That's when he spoke.
"Then why aren't you saying anything?" I asked him, my eyes still not ready to lift up.
"What do you think? Why am I quite?" He asked.
I thought for a while before answering, "Because you're angry at me."
"That's not what the reason is. I'm not angry Maya. I'm just upset."
"I'm sorry. Don't be upset. I'll clean the mess."