First Conversation🖤

Xavier's pov:

I went upstairs to have a talk with Maya. I knocked the door and there she came, looking so beautiful.

For a moment, she was shocked to see me there. But , she quickly opened the door completely asking me to enter. Seeing some books at the corner of the room, I guessed that she hasn't arranged all her things yet.
I looked around the room only to find that there's no couch here. I took a mental note to arrange it. I sat on the corner of the bed . She was still standing at the door.

" We need to talk." I said.
She nodded.
For God's sake, I was getting irritated now. We were together from the last 3 hrs still I haven't even heard a 'Hmm' from her mouth.

" You can come and sit here." I said
She again nodded and sat at a distance on the bed.

" I hope you know all the circumstances under which we got married."
She nodded again.

That's when I lost my cool. " Are you mute or what? I am trying to have talk with you like normal civil beings and here you are just nodding. Listen girl, becoming my wife doesn't give you the right to throw attitude. You better be on your best behaviour here. I won't tolerate any disrespect towards Anna or any other househelp. You get that?"
" Y...es...ss."
That's when I heard her voice for the first time. She stuttered. From the little voice I heard, I could say she had a beautiful voice. I brought myself back to my senses and looked at her.

"Even though you would have read the pre-nuptial agreement, I would still warn you about few things. You , by any chance , aren't allowed to enter my Study. You can roam in the mansion as per your wish but my bedroom and my Study , those rooms are restricted.
I don't care if you had or have a boyfriend but he shouldn't be seen here. I don't care if you would have been whoring around till yesterday but today onwards no affairs would be allowed at my house. If you are in need of pleasure, you can go to hotel or anywhere else, but not my place. Get that?"
She kept quite again. I was already irritated and here she is, testing my patience.
" Yes or No , Maya?"

" Y...es...ss" She replied. I got up from the bed to leave and turned again when I reached the door . She was looking at me. Suddenly she got up.

" Consider the last part as my first and last WARNING . Consequences won't be good if you do instead." I warned her and left for my office.

Maya's pov:

I sat on the bed thinking about what just happened. Did Mr. Adams just called me a slut?
I was shocked to see him at my door. A fear ran through me when he asked me that he wanted to have a talk. But when he started shouting , I was sure that my life won't be any different from my life back at my parents' house. I definitely didn't expect him to talk to me softly but I didn't even expect him to call me a SLUT. When my parents sold me to him, they may have given him the rights to question my character.

Knowing that this is how I'm supposed to live hereafter, I tried to divert my mind and focus on something else, rather than sulking around.

I went to the corner where Anna had kept my books and other things. I arranged everything in the room. It took me nearly 40 mins. Then, I realised that I haven't eaten anything from the last two days. I was just surviving on the chocolates I had in my room and some liquids like cold drinks and coffee.
Whatever just happened between me and Mr. Adams , I felt myself in no mood to eat anything. Still, I cannot let myself starve because of some inhuman creatures which included my parents and now my Husband.
I went downstairs .
I looked around if Mr. Adams is there or not. But, when I didn't find him anywhere in the living room , I took a breathe of relief. I looked around only to find a really magnificent and classy living room. It had a golden theme. There was large sofa set in the middle with a beautifully carved centre table with wood , two side tables with beautiful vases on each of them. I'm not a huge fan of antique things but I can still say that these are original pieces and would cost a fortune. I admiring the beauty of the living room when Anna called me.