Ambitions 🖤

Xavier's pov:

It was around 1.30 pm when Maya finished her work.
"So, is the app ready now?" I was really curious about the app.
"No, just the first stage algorithm is done. Lot of work is to be done over it. Like accessibility tests, the final testing of the code, graphics and much more." She told me.
"So, you do all these things. I mean the graphics and all."
"Graphics and testing is to be done in front of the owner. Earlier, I wasn't able to leave my house. So, I used to hire other people for this work and give them a percentage amount from my check. But, now I can meet the owner and do things as I want. So, I'll set up a meeting with Mr. Harris and discuss further things with him."
"So, when are you planning to meet him?"
"I'll take an appointment tomorrow. Let's see when his schedule is free."

"What if I get you to meet him tomorrow?" I asked her.
"How can you fix my meeting?"
"Mr. Harris is my regular client. I also own good amounts of shares in his company. And, tomorrow he is coming to discuss few things with me regarding our new venture. So, you can meet him there."
"I don't see any problem with that. Okay."
"Great. So, tomorrow you'll come with me to my office."
She stood quite for a while, lost in her thoughts.

"What if people see us together?" She asked with a stressed face.
"You don't wanna be seen with me." I said to her.
"No, that's not the thing. It's just I don't wanna be treated differently just because I'm your wife." She said.
"That's not a different treatment. It's royal treatment." I told her.
"That's what I don't want. You have worked hard to be where you are today. You've got the place for you. I don't want to take advantage of just being your wife. I don't want to enjoy the respect of being your wife. I want to build that for myself. I want to earn my own value." She said.
"You know what, with each passing day you make me respect you more and fall for you even more Maya."
She smiled at me and the blush immediately crawled on her cheeks.

"So, what are you expectation regarding life? " I asked her diverting the topic.
"I don't have expectations. They kind of are the reasons of pain. But ya, I have a dream. Just one. I want a house of my own."
"This is your house Maya." I told her.
"Only for six months. As soon as the contract is over, I'll have to pack my bags." She said.
I just kept quite. Not wanting to spoil hers as well as my mood, I asked her about it in detail.

"So, have you done some planning about it?"
"Yeah. I have the plan of my house ready. I've also saved a decent amount for that. But, now seeing this area of suburbs, I'm much attracted towards the silence and greenery. I am thinking to buy it here."
I really liked her thought of buying a house nearby. But, buying a place here is not easy.
"You do know that this area is really expensive. If you don't mind me asking, how much have you saved?"
"Uh..if I exclude my expenses of the coming three months, I'll still have 4.8 millions in account."

"What? Are you kidding me? How can you have this amount if money in your account? No offense, but that's a very big amount."
"I know. From the age of 17, I'm freelancing. I started saving since then. I used public transportation just to save a few dollars. Leave the luxury brands, I didn't even shop at a local store for the last five years. I used to buy only a few pieces at the thrift store and live on that.
Out of only few things that my parents did good to me, one of them was to never let me move out. That saved a lot of amount to I'd have to spend on rent.
When my batchmates would be out partying, I would be staying up late completing my projects. There were days when I had to 18-20 hours a day.
I even made certain investments that brought back huge profits to me and are still benefiting me.
That's how, I've reached where I am today."
I was spell bound at her.

"Wow, it just amazing. You are really an inspiration for everyone Maya, including me."
"Thanks." She smiled.

We both had an amazing time together. We watched a movie after that in the home theatre, went out for a stroll in central park and made dinner together. Honestly, I understood today that spending time with your family is really good. I got to know about her more today. I got to know that honest and hard-working girls like her also exist in this world. And, I was really proud of the thing that she's my wife. This night, I slept with a smile on my face.