Hug🖤

Xavier's pov:

Before I could look up to her, she hugged me.
That's it. Holy fucking shit.

Maya. My Maya. My wife. She is hugging me.
I didn't understand what to do, how to react or anything else. It felt like the ticking of clock had stopped.
I came to my senses when she tightened her hug. That's when I realised that I was standing still, without hugging her back.
I hesitantly put my arms around her and once I felt that she isn't uncomfortable, I tightened my hold around her. I wanted to hold her so tight to me that she could never leave me.

 I wanted to hold her so tight to me that she could never leave me

We stayed like that for a while before releasing the hug.
She smiled at me and said, "Good night Mr. Adams." She went towards the kitchen after that. I stood there, looking at her disappearing figure.
I don't know what was happening to me but I felt myself smiling alone and my cheeks were heating up.

That's when I realised that it was our first hug and I was blushing at the thought of it. Before anyone could see The Great Xavier Adams blushing, I hurtedly left towards my room.
I went in my room, changed into my t-shirt and trousers and laid on the bed looking at the ceiling. The thoughts of that hug and the visuals weren't disappearing from my mind and my heart. After god knows how many hours of visualising the same thing in front of my eyes, I got lost into my sleep.

Maya's pov:

He is back. Mr. Adams is finally back.
I couldn't express how much happy I was to see him there, finally infront of me. I didn't understand the meaning of this happiness. But, it feel good.

When he hugged me for the first time in the room, I was stilled. I didn't understand what to do and before I could hug him back, he backed out thinking I was uncomfortable with his touch.
But, that wasn't the case. I wanted to feel him near me but, I guess, he assumed something wrong.

Then after that, when he asked me if he could hug me near the stairs, I didn't want to wait even for a second.
I quickly threw myself over him and it took him sometime to digest the fact that I made a move.

When he hugged me back, I don't know why but I found myself losing up. If it wasn't for him holding me tight into his arms, my knees would have lost the strength to stand anymore. It felt really peace to have my head on his shoulders. That feeling is what's called heaven, I guess.
I didn't want to leave him but we broke the hug after sometime and wished each other good night.
I couldn't sleep for a few hours after coming in the room. The heat in my cheek was rising up and I could feel myself blushing. It was around midnight, when I slept.

Something poked my eyes, like it was continuously asking me to open them and witness the serenity of the morning.
New white rays that shine through window and the curtain are just the same, showing the beauty of the many tan hues that stick together. Amid the light, there are the beams as if they wave with the undulating pleats, yet in truth they are strong and true, giving structure and form. As the moments pass the intensity rises and softens, bold and gentle, telling that it's time to leave the comfy bed.