Tomorrow?🖤

Author's pov:

As soon as Xavier entered the room, his world turned upside down. Visuals of Maya falling from the stairs and landing on the floor with a pool of blood around her, were running in this mind. He remembered the day when because of him, Maya was pushed to death. Right now, he was standing at the door of the room in his penthouse where Maya decided to stay. He looked at her condition horrified. Maya was lying down beside the bed and pieces of glass were scattered around her.

He immediately ran to her and started patting her cheeks. Looking at her condition, he was quite sure that she was unconscious at that time. He immediately turned to the bedside table and took some water in his hand and sprinkled it on her face.
"Maya! Maya please get up baby. Please get up."
He was continuously mumbling some incoherent words with his cracking voice and scared face. After some droplets fell on Maya's face, she gained her consciousness and her eyes started to move.

Not able to adjust to the sudden light, her eyes blinking on their own quite a few times before completely opening wide. She looked around to find herself lying on Xavier's lap and he, looking extremely scared and worried.

Maya's pov:

He was looking as if, he lost something that was very precious to him. His extremely scared tone and the frequent cracking in his voice was something I couldn't believe. He got so much worried for me just because I fainted and here, I was accusing of the him of the things he never did. With each passing second, I was drowning more into guilt; when his voice suddenly brought me out of trance.

"I was really scared. What happened? How did you faint? Are you okay? Should I call a doctor? Wait! I'll just call Liam. You don't seem good."

"No wait! Don't call him. He'll, without any reason, get worried and I know for sure that he and Daisy will come back the very next moment. Right now, let them be there and concentrate on their work and we all know that conference is very important to them both. Anyways, I'm just fine. Nothing happened to me."

Before he could say anything, my eyes roamed around to see the position we both were in. My head was on his lap and he was hugging me so tight, as if I am going to run away if he left me. Noticing that I was looking around at our position, he slowly let me go and picked me up gently in bridal style. He slowly made me sit on the bed and adjusted some pillows behind my back.

"You are really not fine. Let me call some other doctor, if not Liam."
Quickly taking out his phone from pocket, he dialled a number. Knowing that he won't listen to me now, I let him do whatever he wanted. There was a complete silence into the room for the next half an hour till a men dressed in white coat entered.

"Hello Mr. Adams." He shook hands with Xavier. After his greetings, he explained him the situation.
"Let me just check." The doctor said and came forward towards me.

"It's the weaknesses that made her lose her consciousness. It seems like she hasn't eaten anything since long. But, there's nothing to worry about. I have prescribed some medicines. Make sure to give them to her on time. Feed her healthy food and lots of fruits and make sure she's hydrated. And, most important, no stress." He told Xavier.

Xavier intently nodded at his words and said, "Thank you so much Doctor for coming at such a short notice."
"No problem Mr. Adams. I'll take your leave now. Call me if there's anything else."
"Sure doctor. Be careful. There are glasses scattered around."
"Yeah sure."

The doctor went and Xavier too went with him. It had been nearly 30 mins Xavier went outside. I started to feel bad.
Did he just leave me like that? Does he not care about me now? Did he go to his work and left me on my own?
Great! Our relationship just reached at a point where my pain and sufferings don't matter to him now. And, I'm responsible for this miracle. Had I not behaved with him like that, he wouldn't have left me here like this.