Crimson Red Glow

Aizawa's POV:

Everything went way too quickly. I saw the kid's eyes turn red and then he just dashed past me and tackled Eri into a hug. Not only that but a truck came and hit them. I couldn't believe what I just saw. This wasn't just pure coincidence. The kid knew what was going to happen and saved the two children.

I quickly ran towards the boy with the red scarf. My husband was with me and Hitoshi too.

Me: Toshi, Zashi you know what to do!

My husband was a pro hero and Hitoshi was a kid I trained to be one. There was no need to tell them more than that. They knew what to do. I on the other hand started to check the boy up but I quickly saw that he definitely pulled the shorter straw. He had a head wound, some visible cuts and judging by how he was breathing a broken rib if not more. It was only a question of time that he would die right there which I couldn't just stand by.

Me: Izuku, hold on! Don't give up!

Carefully as not to hurt him even more I picked him up and ran straight to UA. Eri was completly fine thanks to him. 

There was no point in wasting any time trying to wake him up. The kid just got hit by a truck and was still alive. Luckily for me Zashi called ahead and the moment I stepped into the infirmary Recovery Girl was already prepared and waiting for us.

A/N: I am using RG from now on for Recovery Girl.

RG: Mic already informed about the basics.

Me: Good.

RG: You can wait outside.

Me: I would rather stay here.

RG: Feel free doing so if you want to.

Me: Can you find out who he is?

RG: If you want to know that go to Nezu and let me do my job in peace!

Thinking it might have been wiser to do as she said, I left the infirmary and went to have a quick chat with Nezu. The rat was as usual in his office and looking at the screen. No one ever wanted to know what he was doing there for a reason since he would either plan something ridiculous or gather more intel that he could use against us.

It didn't take long to get to his office and after a single knock he let me in.

The reason for being here was simple. I saw the kid's eyes. The red glow in his emerals green eyes was the exact same ruby red as mine when I was using my quick. It was only a wild guess but I needed to make sure that I was mistaken.

Me: Nezu?

Nezu: You want to know who the boy's parents are?

Me: Yes.

It was no surprise that he already knew what was going on. He always knew before anyone else. There wasn't a need to question the rat unless one wanted to be on his list of candidates to destroy their career.

Nezu: Is he third child you want to adopt?

Me: Something like that.

Nezu: His name is Izuku Midoriya. He was listed as a missing child for more than 4 years now.

Me: And his parents?

Nezu: Father unknown but his mother is listed as newlywed and out of the country. Her name is Inko Midoriya.

Me: Hmm... What's with his quirk?

Nezu: It is quite interesting. There is no information about it.

Me: What do you mean no information?

Nezu: I tried finding it out but all the data regarding that is missing. You seemed to have picked up quite the interest in that boy.

Me: He had red glowing eyes while activating his quirk.

Nezu: If you are thinking that he might be blood related to you then why not let RG make a parental test? It might determine if you have some connections to him.

Me: I'll do that.

Nezu: It might not be the case but if what you say is right than it is too big of a coincidence to have 2 people with a similar trait without being blood related at all.

That was exactly what I was thinking. Some in his family must have had a similar quirk as I do for him to even develop a quirk with that trait otherwise it really would be nearly impossible. It was only for a short while but I felt as if my quirk was gone. As if a part of me was gone. The same feeling that Zashi told me he felt when I use my quirk on him. He definitely had an erasure type of quirk!

Me: *Sigh*

There was no need to talk with the rat even more and so I returned back to the infirmary.

Me: How is he?

RG: Out of danger.

Me: Can you check if he is related to me in any familiar way?

RG: Sure, but why are you asking something like that? You never touched a woman before.

And that was where she was wrong. I did once. It was a time where me and Zashi had a big fight and I went out and got drunk. I barely remember anything from that night but I do remember sleeping and spending the night with a woman. I only hoped that the kid in front of me wasn't the result of that one-night stand.

Me:...

RG: SHOTA AIZAWA! You didn't go behind Hizashi's back dating another woman?

Me: No. It was a one-night stand after the fight over if we should adopt a kid or not.

RG: And you think...

Me: Yes. He had red glowing eyes.

RG: If that's true than you will need to have a close eye on him.

Me: Why?

RG: I found a lot of old injuries that definitely came from fights he was in. He also had a lot of broken bones in the past. There was nearly not a single one of his bones that hadn't had an indication that it was already broken once. Scars that told a story of being stabbed and cut as well as a bullet wound that luckily healed well on its own.

Me: *Sigh* What kind of life did he live?

RG: A dangerous one but I can't tell you more.

Me: Thanks, I'll take care of him from now on.

He saved Eri and for that I was extremely thankful but if he was my own son han I needed to adopt him and give him a better life! One that he deserved to have after all that hardship.