T W O

Sitting in my office nursing an empty bottle of whiskey after an incredibly long day, I can't help but let my mind wander to my principessa

Sitting in my office nursing an empty bottle of whiskey after an incredibly long day, I can't help but let my mind wander to my principessa. (princess)

My cunt of an ex-wife took her from me almost 12 years ago and has gone rogue. There are no traces of the two of them anywhere, and there is an ever-growing weight on my chest at the thought that something could have happened to my neonata. (baby girl)

I've spent the better part of everyday, of the last 12 years searching for my Mara, but always come up empty handed. It's fucking embarrassing that I'm one of the most feared mafia men in the world and I can't locate my own fucking child. Truth be told though, I couldn't care less about Amelia- but my princess, my bambina- I won't rest until she's back home where she belongs. (baby)

Lost in my thoughts about Marabella, I almost missed the sound of my ringtone alerting me of a call. Picking up my cellphone from its spot on the desk, I see an unknown number calling. Typically I wouldn't answer the call, but a feeling deep inside of my heart told me to pick up.

"Lorenzo Russo" I answer in my usual, monotonous voice.

"Hello Sir, this is Captain Black calling from LAPD regarding your missing person's report that was filed on January 2nd 2010 for your daughter, Marabella Athena Russo. Do you have a moment?"

"Yes of course, I don't have all night though so spit it out."

"Yes Sir, sorry. Look Mr. Russo, I'm calling to inform you that we've located your daughter after an incident that has left her without a guardian. We've matched the DNA off of some of her belongings to the sample that we have on file for you, and you are both a match. I'm calling to ask if you'd be willing to take over Marabella's guardianship, if not- she'll be put into the foster system."

After hearing that, my heart stopped. My baby, my daughter, is coming home. The mafia princess is coming home.

"Sir, are you still there?"

I cleared my throat before nodding my head, then speaking once I remembered he couldn't see me. "Yes, I'm here."

"Great- would you like to re-claim Marabella's guardianship?"