T H I R T Y - E I G H T

~ Flashback ~

~ Flashback ~

I was on Cloud 9 after Alexei proposed, and my face hurt from how much I was smiling. He truly is the love of my life, and the last 2 years together have been incredible.

After dinner, Knox went to spend the night with Alina and Nikolai, and as Alexei and I sat in the car, staring at one another, the emotions of the day finally hit us.

We're engaged. Getting married. Us. Two kids who fell in love at first sight, and decided we were enough for each other for the rest of our lives.

"Lets go to Vegas" Alexei says, breaking the silence.

I laugh. "What?"

"Lets get on a flight to Vegas and get married. Tonight" he says, a silly smile taking over his face. "We'll get married with the big wedding in exactly a year, and maybe we'll tell everyone, but maybe we won't and it'll be our little secret. Let's get married tonight."

"You're insane" I say with a laugh.

"Insane for you" he replies with a kiss.

6 hours later, we were married by Elvis in one of those 24-hour chapels in Vegas, and I was officially Mrs. Romanov.

~ Flashback Over ~

I smile at the memory of a year ago today as I wait for Bryn's flight to land. It's officially wedding day, and my nerves are sky high. Even though we've now been married for a year, Alexei still knows how to give me butterflies, and our wedding day is no exception.

For the most part, everyone arrived last week and has been staying with the Romanov's or in hotels- but Bryn had a few things that needed to be done in France before she flew home for a couple weeks. She's not sure if she'll be staying here yet, but I'll cherish the time she's here, and pray she'll stay once all is said and done.

-----

"IT'S WEDDING DAY BITCHES!!!" Iris shouts as Bryn and I walk through the doors at home just past 9am. All of the ladies stayed here last night, and we had so much fun playing games, watching movies, and chatting.