P R O L O G U E

They say you can't go home again.

They say time heals all wounds.

They say that when you've made it- you'll look back at all of the little moments throughout your life, and finally understand why you were put into those situations.

They say love is one of life's greatest blessings.

There was a time in my life when I never would have believed those statements. 16 year old me would have called you crazy if you had told me I would be still be alive at 24 years old, let alone 34.

I was born into a loving home. I was their princess, and their greatest blessing. Until I became stuck in an endless loop of lost hope, and lost dreams.

I was repeating everyday, just waiting for the day either someone killed me, or I killed myself.

Then my life changed forever just a few short months before my 17th birthday. Everything that I had ever dreamed of- yet thought I would never have, became my reality.

People were reunited, relationships were formed, people fell in love.

My strength was tested, and my limits were pushed.

I'm the most powerful and feared woman in the underworld, I'm not a good person, don't ever mistake me for one.

There is blood on my hands, but it's on his too.

This is the story of him and I.

The story of two teenagers who thought they were undeserving of love. Two people who met in a moment that changed our lives forever.

This is where we began, on that first day of my junior year of high school at the lunch table where his eyes caught mine. This is where I finally started to dream again, and where I finally let my walls of iron and steel come crashing down around me.

It was where I met him- the boy who ignited a fire within me so bright and wild that it could not be put out.

This is his story too. Neither of us had anything to lose.

We dove in head first.

He loved me recklessly and without conditions.

And giving in to a little bit of danger felt like the sweetest rebellion.

To the masses, we were lethal- masters of destruction, but in each others arms- we melt.

We were each others little bit of heaven on earth.