T W E N T Y - T W O

Its been just over four months since I moved home to New York, and although it hasn't been the easiest of transitions, for the most part- life couldn't be any better

Its been just over four months since I moved home to New York, and although it hasn't been the easiest of transitions, for the most part- life couldn't be any better. Alexei and I's relationship is flourishing, school is going well, and mafia business is being handled better than ever before. Thankfully- there haven't been any more hits on any of my businesses, but our guards are still up- and security is at an all time high.

Over the past three months, we've been a very busy family. Alexei and I celebrated our three monthaversary, and his 18th birthday in October. We've started planning what the holiday's are going to look like, on top of Alexei planning a trip for me to a secret destination, Sunshine's Novel's is just about ready to open, we've celebrated several of my brothers and cousin's birthday's, and my 17th birthday also happens to be in exactly one week, and to celebrate, we're jumping on a jet in three days' time to go on that trip I just mentioned. 

I really have no clue what Alexei has planned, but pretty much everyone is in on it- and the excitement that has been building in the house the last couple days is intoxicating. I'm excited to get out of New York for a couple weeks with Alexei and explore a little bit before our families join us and we all head to Russia for Christmas.

Speaking of Christmas, the holiday break from school started last week, and something about sleeping in, and then waking up to the scent of Nonna's homemade Raspberry and Vanilla scones on snowy mornings has been very therapeutic. 

Today, while the guy's head out to check a few things off the Christmas shopping list, Bryn and I are joining Nonna and our auntie's in the kitchen to bake some treats. I've been daydreaming about Nonna's pecan pie for WEEKS, so even though it's 2am and I need to be up and in the kitchen in just a few hours, I manage to turn my brain off and get some sleep.

-----

I'm woken up a bit later in the morning to kisses being trailed down my neck and shoulder. "Good Morning sunshine" Alexei whispers in my ear before placing a kiss in the crook of my neck. A sleepy, dreamy smile takes over my face, and I gently kiss his cheek. "Mornin' baby" I reply, relaxing into his touch.

Alexei and I cuddled for about 15 minutes before we had to start getting ready for the day. He put on his usual all black outfit- whereas I threw my hair up in a messy bun and slipped on a pair of shorts. My body is in a lot of pain, and I'm very nauseous- so I wanted to keep the look as simple as possible. Besides- I cuffed my man with a milkshake in my hair, he isn't going anywhere anyway.