T H I R T Y - F O U R

Holy Fuck

Holy Fuck. I'm about to be a mom.

I truly didn't even think about this part of the process when Alexei and I decided we wanted kids. I chose to be naïve about this step, which looking back on it- was a huge fucking mistake.

I knew I should have taken the birthing classes, but I didn't- because it felt like i was admitting defeat before ever even having the chance to figure it out on my own.

Thankfully- I'm not alone. Alexei is here by my side, attentive as always. Nonno, and Nonna are here. Dad, Nikolai and Alina. I have the village that it takes to raise a child, and he's already so loved.

We are all head over heels, and he hasn't even taken his first breath. I've loved him since the day I found out about him, and I cannot wait until he's here. But I'm also scared.

Scared I'm going to fuck this up somehow.

We've been at the hospital for a couple hours now and I'm 9cm dilated. As that number got higher, so did my anxiety and I think Nonna noticed. As my OB-GYN, Dr. Henderson entered the room, Nonna came over to me and grabbed my hands. "Do you want us all to pray together before he makes his arrival" she asks. I nod my head and hold her hands tighter.

"Come on, we're praying" Nonna announces to the room. As the doctor and nurses got set up, we all joined hands and bowed our heads as Nonna led us in a prayer.

"Heavenly father, we praise and Thank You for allowing this life, and for shaping this child in your image. We give you thanks, and we bless you with all of our hearts. We pray to you with love for this sweet hope that Marabella carries in her womb, and we humbly thank you for choosing us as an instrument of your love. Let this baby be born healthy, and remove every physical evil and every danger from his soul. Lord, we thank you for granting Marabella the privilege of bearing life, and we pray that you bless this child with your grace. Lord we thank you for this child, who is first and foremost your child, and we pray that you help Marabella and Alexei teach their child how to live a life full of faith, and trust in you. Lord we thank you for your constant blessings, and we ask that your presence never leave us today as Marabella gives birth. In Jesus name, Amen."