T H I R T Y - T W O

36 weeks pregnant today, and its baby shower day!! The last 3 months since the gender reveal have been, chaotic to say the least

36 weeks pregnant today, and its baby shower day!! The last 3 months since the gender reveal have been, chaotic to say the least. We've been on a mad rush to get everything ready for his arrival, and we're still nowhere near as prepared as I wanted to be by now.

Thankfully, Alexei and I do have a name picked out, so that's one less thing we have to worry about- but it seems like the list of tasks we have left to do keeps growing by the day. Today's shower will be a very welcome break from the craziness, and I'm really loving that we decided to do this on a Wednesday. Hopefully celebrating the baby will give us the push we need to get through the rest of the week with no issues.

I also feel a huge sense of gratitude for Bryn. She really took the lead planning this thing for me after her and Damien broke up- and she has gone above and beyond my wildest dreams. I hope one day that I can repay the favour and get to celebrate one of her babies.

It's just 9am, and as if on cue- my door swings open and my brothers and cousin's are filing in the room and claiming their usual spots. They have greeted me like this every morning since they found out I was pregnant, and even though I'd never actually admit it to them- it has become my favourite part of the day.

Not long after that, Bryn came in and laid down on the bed next to me, and I kicked all of the guys out so Alexei and I could chat with her. "How are you doing?"

Bryn sighs and sits up in bed. "Better, but it still hurts. I'll be fine- It's only been 2 weeks. I can do this."

"I know you can, but I'm here if you need me." Bryn nods her head with a small smile, and gives me a hug before leaving. Alexei wraps me up in his arms, and kisses my shoulder as he brings the blankets back up around me. "She'll be okay Ella. He misses her too- but she has some work she needs to do before they can be together again."

"If they'll be together again."

"I know it's hard to watch them struggle like this. Being apart. But distance makes the heart grow fonder, and if God wants them together- there is nothing that will stop it. His divine timing, remember?" I nod my head, and sink into his embrace. "You're right" I whisper.

-----

Several hours, and one much needed nap later- I can hear the party happening downstairs, and I know everyone is waiting for us. Alexei and I got ready quickly, and headed downstairs and into the living room where everyone was waiting. Food was out, people were pouring drinks, and playing games. It made me so happy to see that everyone was having a good time.

After greeting everyone and thanking them for coming, I took a seat in the chair that Bryn had at the front of the room for me where I was immediately swarmed with most of Alexei's family and friends- all wanting photo's and to chat. I got about 10 minutes into that situation before Alina came over and shooed them all away- and the relief was amazing. I thanked her profusely before Alexei finally came over and she headed back to the conversation she was having with my aunties.

I stood up from my chair, letting Alexei sit down before claiming my spot on his lap and relaxing into his chest. His presence immediately calmed my nerves. The man is as reliable as the sunrise, and knows just how to make me feel better without even speaking.

Now when people came to chat, it was much easier for me to want to engage- and after almost 2 hours of mingling, everyone demanded that we start opening up our gifts. Alexei didn't want to open anything, so he held my tea as I did all the work. We got lots of stuff for baby- clothes, shoes, diapers, wipes, a breast pump, dresser, crib, swings, and lounge chairs, and everyone also got things for Alexei and I as well. Jewelry, gift cards for date nights, our favourite snacks. We truly were spoiled rotten alongside our son- and by the time everything was opened, the living room was a mess.

Everyone stayed and hung out for a few more hours, eating, chatting and just having a good time- and while that was happening- Alexei and my brothers/cousins all started taking everything for the baby upstairs and into the nursery.

Once everyone had left- Alexei and I headed upstairs to bed, but decided to stop at the baby's room first when we heard hushed whispers coming through the cracked door.

Peaking through the crack- I had to stifle a laugh at the scene. All of my brothers and cousins were inside this room- trying to put together the baby furniture- while all of my aunties were laughing at their stupidity and refusing to help.

I quietly chuckled and shook my head as I smiled up at Alexei. He laughed a little bit as he looked down at me, before leaning down and kissing my lips. We both smiled into the kiss, and Alexei nipped at my bottom lip with his teeth before pulling away and resting his forehead against mine.

"я люблю тебя" he whispers as he kisses my forehead.(I love you)

"я люблю тебя еще больше" I reply as I wrap my arms around his waist and rest my head on his chest. (I love you more)

"невозможный" he retorts, resting one hand on my belly and the other wrapping around my waist. (impossible)

We stayed in the hallway like this for a few more minutes- quietly watching the guys through the crack in the door before deciding to finally head to bed.

We both showered and changed, before crawling into the covers and getting comfy. Alexei pulled my back into his chest, and I snuggled as far into him as I could. We talked for a few minutes until my eyelids got too heavy to keep open- and I let sleep consume me.

 We talked for a few minutes until my eyelids got too heavy to keep open- and I let sleep consume me