T E N

I kissed him

I kissed him. I finally fucking kissed him.

Holy fucking shit.

That kiss. Was amazing. When his lips touched mine, it was like I had finally come up for air after drowning my whole life. His touch brought me back to life and that's a feeling that I never want to let go of. We slowly pulled away from the kiss, and he rested his forehead against mine as we both tried to catch our breaths. I looked at him a little dazed and he said the words I've been waiting to hear from him since the day we met.

"I like you Marabella Athena Russo. A lot. I've spent the last 4 weeks praying to god that you felt the same way, and I don't think you would have kissed me if you didn't a least like me a little bit. We can take this as slow as you want- but I need you to at least give me a chance. I'm not perfect- but I'm going to try my absolute best to be perfect for you. What do you say sunshine? Give me a shot?"

The second he was finished, the biggest smile overtook my face- and before I could even process what exactly it was that I was doing- I grabbed a fist full of his shirt and brought his lips back down to mine. He wanted me. As much as I wanted him- and I have never been happier. We both smiled into the kiss before eventually, and reluctantly, pulling away.

The drive home felt like what I imagine unicorns would feel like on a daily basis. Pure bliss. Pulling up the long drive way at home- I caught Alexei staring at me out of the corner of my eye. The way he was looking at me- with so much love and adoration, caused my cheeks to flush red and me to look away. I heard him chuckle quietly as he put the car in park, and he grabbed my hand- placing a kiss against my palm before hopping out and rounding the car.

After opening my door and unbuckling my seatbelt, he swung my body around in my seat so I was facing him, and smiled at me again before bringing his hand up to cup my cheek. As his thumb started gently swiping across my cheek, I smiled at him, and he brought his face to mine and kissed me again slowly. After we broke the kiss, he rested his forehead against mine and spoke in a quiet murmur. "я обещаю, я буду человеком, которого ты заслуживаешь. Thank you for giving me a chance love." (I promise I'll be the man you deserve)

I smiled, before gently grabbing his face in my hands and looking him in the eyes. "Я обещаю, что каждой частичкой себя я отдам тебе всего себя. У нас есть вечность, чтобы понять это. I'm not going anywhere baby." I smiled at him with tears brimming in my eyes, and before I knew it- he was kissing me again. (I promise, that with every piece of myself I will give you my all. We have forever to figure this out)

He picked me up and set me on the hood of his car with his lips still attacking mine. I wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck deepening the kiss, expressing all of the emotions I didn't know how to put into words. This, being in his arms- felt safe. I felt like I was home. He loved me, for me- and even with a milkshake in my knotted hair and looking like a hot mess, he still looks at me like I'm the most beautiful girl in the world.

We eventually broke our kiss due to the lack of oxygen, and when we looked at each other- the amount of love and understanding between us made me feel all warm and cozy inside. He smiled at me before placing one last kiss on my forehead and helping me off the hood of his car. When we turned around- my face paled, and my cheeks flushed. There- standing with the door opening and his arms crossed was none other than my oldest brother- Alexander.

I let out a terrified chuckle, which took his murderous stare directed towards Alexei, and put it towards me. His expression softened- if only for a quick moment, before he uncrosses his arms and gestured behind him. "Your room. Go. Now." I smiled at him and looked back to Alexei. "I'll be fine. Go home, I'll see you tonight at dinner. Yes?" Alexei nodded his head and placed a kiss at the spot where our hands were joined before releasing me and getting in his car. After waving him off- I turned back around and faced my brother, who was looking at me with a pointed glare, and once again told me to go to my room.

Walking inside the house and up the stairs, I headed to my bedroom where I took a seat in the centre of my bed and waited. Fifteen minutes later- Xander walked in and shut the door before also coming and taking a seat on my bed. "Do you care to explain what that was?"

Sighing, I patted the spot beside me, and we both laid down. "That" I say, gesturing towards the general area of the driveway outside, "was me starting to fall in love." I let what I said hang in the air for a minute, and when I felt it safe to continue- I did. "I'm not a little kid anymore Xan, he makes me happy. He gets me in a way that no one else- not even Bryn, does. Promise me- promise me that you won't tell anyone else."

Xander turns his head to look at me, but I keep staring at the ceiling- not wanting to see the disappointment on his face. Xander's opinion is really the only one I care about- and it's even a hard thought to bear that I may have disappointed him. "Does he treat you well?" The question caught me off guard, and I turned to look at him- confused. When I see the look on his face though, I know that he already knows the answer, but is looking for confirmation. "Yeah Xander, he does. He treats me so good" I say, a small smile on my face.

Xander nods his head and wraps his arm around my shoulders, pulling me closer to him. "Then I'm okay with it bambina. But I have to tell dad." I nodded my head and whispered a quiet "okay" as I laid my head against his chest. The two of us laid together in silence for another hour before we had to get up and start getting ready for dinner, and as Xan left my room- I called his name. He opened the door back up and stuck his head back inside, and I looked at him and smiled. (baby)

"I love you, you know that right? Thank you for being the best brother a girl could ask for." Xander gave me a small smile and nodded his head, before closing the door and latching it behind him.

After Xander left, I felt much better about the situation as a whole. I can understand his point of view and the possible concern, but they also can't expect to control every aspect of my life. If nothing else- I'm happy that he respects me and my judgment, even if he doesn't necessarily approve of everything that I do.

 If nothing else- I'm happy that he respects me and my judgment, even if he doesn't necessarily approve of everything that I do