Chapter 3 | Is it Alliance or Friendship?

It's dinnertime, once again. And father is talking about some business. It's probably that chapter. Eghh, this is why i didn't really become a businesswoman. I'd rather scam people than not scam them.

"I need to start looking for something new." he said as i looked at Aria for a moment then continued eating.

The dumbass Mielle suggested leather and it really didn't go well as she planned. She technically made a fool of herself. If it's the modern world, leather would be no problem, but in this world? Nah, that's impossible. And then there's Aria with her fur idea..

"Aria told me that fur would be the next trend.." my dumb self unconsciously mumbled as i was eating my medium well steak. Oh, wait, what did i just said?

Aria looked at me confused as father said, "Come again, Mielle?"

I looked at him for a moment as i smiled. "Me and Aria unnie talked yesterday and she heard a rumor that the princess went to a trip to north and bought a large amount of fur. And then, she said that it'll be the next trend. I think it was really smart of her."

"R-really now?"

"Yep! Can you tell them what you've told me, Aria unnie?" i looked at her for a moment as she smiled and nodded.

"Yes, there was a rumor that several carriages were full of fur that went to the palace. And if it's fur, you can dye it to different colors, it's soft and won't smell. To top that too, anything the princess wears will become popular and since the princess chose fur.." she explained and paused for a moment as smiled. "Fur will be the next trend. Isn't that right?"

There was a moment of silence as i just glanced at her. This is really exciting! Man, i wanna see her in the action forever! It'll be fortunate if i live and not die. Aria, please don't kill me.

"Fur.." father mumbled as he looked at Aria. "Where did you hear this?"

"Hmm, I wonder where?" she then, tilted her head to the other side and placed her fingers to her chin. "I was only thinking of getting the message to you, so i don't remember.."

"Try to remember it again."

"Hm~ Hm~ I wonder who~" she whispered to herself, as she thought for awhile.

He then, called the butler and whispered something to him. He probably asked him to find out if the rumor is true. Which is what she wanted.

"I'm sorry father.. I really can't remember~ Sorry~" said Aria, who turned to him and smiled apologetically.

"I-i see..."

Dinner passed and now i'm heading to my bedroom. I hate maids around me, following me everywhere, and so they left me alone. Good thing, some of them are already waiting outside my room.

"How did you know that i'm suggesting fur to father?" Aria's cold voice questioned as i turned around and tilted my head.

"What?"

"Don't act stupid, Mielle. We both knew that we never talked yesterday. I was with Sara, the whole time." she retorted as i just awkwardly chuckled.

Should i tell her? Nah, she'll probably only think that i've really gone nuts. But then again..

"Oh, i just knew it."

"How? That'll be impossible, unless you read minds." she scoffed as i secretly deeply breathed.

"Because i'm not Mielle." i answered casually as i smiled. "If you don't believe-"

"No, i believe you."

I looked at her as i arched my eyebrow. "What?"

"Yeah, Mielle is stupider than you so i believe you."

"So you won't kill me..?" i slowly mumbled as she just tilted her head. "Like, get revenge on me?"

"Why would i kill you?"

I chuckled as i stepped five steps back. "You know, because Mielle in your first life manipulated you on being a villainess and then have you executed?"

"... How did you know that?"

"I don't know either. But i'm not Mielle, i swear!" i yelled in a frightened voice. "If i'm Mielle, she would've suggested leather to father. But i didn't."

"Didn't i already tell you i believe you?"

"Y-yeah.."

"Let's talk in the morning."

"Sure. Sweet dreams."

"You too."

Man.. That was fucking literally scary! She's really a villainess! And a protagonist!

I immediately ran to my room as i squealed in happiness. I'm so happy, i could just hug her really tight!

Oh, and then morning came. And our dear dad is leaving. I hope he gives me some treats when he gets back, or else i'll poison him. Or maybe push him too, like what Mielle did.

"I have something to give you, father." Aria suddenly grabbed his hand. She then, handed a shining hadkerchief with the family emblem in it. Mother and Cain looked at it as she started talking once again "I'm not too confident since i'm just a beginner.. But i thought you might need it on the long journey. Please be safe and healthy."

Should i write how she shines brightly like that? Man, i'm jealous. How can she be so bright..

"Oh my, I prepared silk for her because she said that she's going to embroider... It's better than i thought." Mother suddenly chimed in as i nodded at her statement.

"Haha.. I've received something quite amazing.." he smiled at Aria. "I will treasure this."

Aria nodded as she smiled even more. "I'm glad you like it, father." she then, turned to me and Cain. "Oh, my.. Mielle, would you like one as well? Brother, how about you?"

"Yes please." "No, i'm good." me and him answered in sync as Aria smiled at me. Cain, on the other hand, looked shock. What, he thought i'll refuse? Heck no.

"Alright then!" she exclaimed as i smiled back at her.

And after that, she really gave me a handkerchief. I didn't expect her to give me one. Wow.

"This is pretty.." i mumbled as i stared at the stitches.

"Come on, Evie. Let me stitch that!"

"Say.. How did you know about that.."

"You mean, that reverse thingy?" i looked at her as she nodded in response. "I got a dream about it, about the other night or so. And i'm also not Mielle, once again."

"Yes, i know. Stop repeating that."

"Okay." i retorted quickly as i glanced at her.

I wonder how old she is, plus her first life. Probably in her twenties. Eh, not that i really care. I just want to look at her. She looked really pretty.

"Oh by the way, some fun thing to know. But.." i paused for a moment as she arched her eyebrow. "Cain will probably fall inlove with you or something."

"Eww.."

"Yeah, i know."

"Are you going to learn embroidery?"

I shrugged as i suddenly yawned. "I'm too lazy to do so."

"You're definitely not Mielle."

"Yep."