Chapter 16 | Let's Go On A Date!

Dear Lady Mielle,   

I was planning on going outside for awhile and the route i'll be taking had the same path towards your.mansion. So i've been thinking... Will you please—

"Go on a date with me this sunday?" said me in a low voice, as i read it to Aria and I.

We're currently at the indoor garden's pavillion, having tea, when a reply letter arrived from Oscar. When i looked at it again, it was a whole lot of paper. He even told me what happened to his day, which is really weird for his character. I kinda like it though, he's.. developing, in his own way.

But why the hell did he send this letter just now and have our date tomorrow? I mean seriously, tomorrow? Why not next week? Isn't it exam season right now at your academy, Oscar? Shouldn't you study?

"Do you even know how to go on a date?" she asked. I turned to Aria with a grim expression as i shaked my head. "Seriously?"

"No, i haven't." i answered in a low voice. ‘We're infront of others.’ i mouthed at Aria, as realization hit her and nodded. "Hmm, what should i do?"

Aria seemed a bit hesitant, but answered. "Have a date with him, of course."

"What do i wear?"

".. Seriously?

"Just kidding, sister." i immediately replied as i stood up and headed indoors. "I'll be choosing my clothes for tomorrow!"

"Make sure you don't overdress!" she yelled as i reached the indoors of our mansion.

I softly sighed as i pulled the heavy skirt i'm wearing at the moment. It's fucking heavy, and i think my chest's choking at how tight my dress is. And i'm not even wearing a corset. Hell, why is it that my clothes are starting to get tighter on me?

"Lady Mielle? Is there something wrong?" a maid who're beside me question, as she helped me pulled my skirt.

I sighed in frustration as i shaked my head. "Don't worry, i might be just going through puberty."

"Huh?"

Guess i'll also buy clothes tomorrow.. I thought to myself as i continued walking. Since the count isn't home, at dinner, i informed my step-mother that i'm going on a date tomorrow with Oscar. To my surprise, she was happy with it.

"Have fun tomorrow, then. Since you probably never headed to the town before alone without servants, i'll tell you tomorrow morning before you leave about the places you should visit." she said in a cheery tone as a bright smile was plastered on her face. And so does on Aria's face.

Aria giggled at first as she then, softly smiled at me. "Make sure to have him fall inlove with you, okay?" 'And then i can tease you all day after that.' is what i bet she's thinking after saying that.

"Ahh, i'm not so sure about that—"

"Oh no, no. Mielle, didn't you like Sir Oscar?" Aria innocently questioned as her smile turned cheeky, as if she was scheming something.

I shaked my head to deny as i continued eating the ribs the maids served me. "I only admired him, sister. Admiration and like are different."

"Haha, don't worry, Mielle. It's just us, so don't be shy and tell us your feelings about him~" Aria teased as i looked at her with disbelief.

"That's only it though."

"You sure?"

"Yes."

"Now, i'm really glad you siblings are getting along." the Countess chuckled as she gazed at the two of us lovingly, which is weird because i'm only her step-daughter. The count's daughter from his first wife. "I hope you two continue to do so in the future."

"Haha, of course, mother~"

"Yes, Countess."

"Just call me mother, Mielle." she beamed at me as she gave me a genuine smile.

I paused for a moment as a blush crept on my cheeks. I slowly nodded, as i lowered my head. "Yes, mother."

And thus, tomorrow had become today, and my date had arrived our mansion. Everything was clean and spotless. I mean, isn't it just pointless to do so since he'll also leave immediately?

"Good morning, Sir Oscar." i curtsied as i ran onto him at the room where he was waiting for me. I glanced at him, as i immediately saw him wearing something in a color i didn't expect him to wear. "Oh.."

"Ah, does my clothes don't suit me?" Oscar asked in a worried tone as soon as he saw me staring at his suit, and got up. "I wore white today since you've mentioned at one of our letters that i probably would look good i white.. Do i not?"

I clasped my hand delight as i softly smiled at him. "Oh no! You actually look great. Like, you look handsome and hot in white." i complimented as i patted his shoulders, which did shock him. "I was in awe that's why i was silent. Forgive me for that."

"Oh, is that so?" a red tint of blush was on his cheek as he scratched his nape. "Although, may i ask.. What do you mean by hot?"

"Let's go now!" i clung onto him as i immediately dispersed of the topic. I don't want to explain to him what hot means because it's embarrassing. "Oh, uh, by the way.. Mother gave me a list of places that she recommended to visit, so if you don't mind.."

"I'm sure the Countess gave you great recommendations, so alright."

"Great!"