Chapter 13: First Day At Work

Chapter 13: FIrst Day At Work

I woke up lying on Chresanto’s chest. It was around 12 o clock-ish. He was already awake, doing something on his phone. I got up and I got dressed and stuff and went into the kitchen. Christina was hanging up some pictures on Chris’ wall. She saw me and smiled.

“Hey, Chris up yet?”

“Umm yea I guess.”

“I’m kind of sad that I’ll be leaving tomorrow. I was really starting to build up some connections here.” She looked down. Fakecough Jacob. “I’ll miss you.

“Yea, I’ll miss you too. Chris made me think you were going to hate me and you turned out to be pretty cool.”

“Thanks. But hey, when I leave at least I’ll be able to sleep, and won’t be kept up by the loud noises coming from my little brother’s room.” She smirked at me. I realized what she was talking about and heat rushed up to my cheeks.

Um okay can I go die now please?

I awkwardly laughed, or whatever noise that is that I make when I am nervous and walk away. A little bit later Chris finally came out dressed in workout clothes and his keys in his hand. “Hey babygirl.” He said and gave me a quick kiss. “I’m headed to rehearsal. Be ready when I get back, we’re goin out tonight. Tell Christina to be ready too. I gotta run a few errands too so I won’t be back til around 9.”

Before I could question him, he left out the door. Crap. I was hoping he could take me to my apartment so I could get my car. I had realized that we really were always together and that I hadn’t needed to drive my own car for what seemed like forever. I had decided to actually try to do something productive with my time today, but that didn’t work out. I ended up sitting on the couch with the t.v on, online shopping on my computer.

Christina came out of her room and plopped on the couch next to me. I didn’t look at her but she kept eyeing me. After freaking me out, she spoke. “So, Melanie. I have yet to give you the Big Sister speech.”

Oh god.

“I usually wait til the last day to give it though, that way I can know exactly what to say.”

I didn’t say anything.

“So here’s the deal: I like you Melanie. I really do, and I think you’re great. You are most definitely different from all those other whores Chris has been into. But honestly, I don’t trust you with my baby brother. I don’t know, there’s just something about you… something I just find suspicious. Now I just want you to know that Chresanto seems to love you more than anything else in this world, and you better not fuck with that. I’m not joking- don’t screw my little brother over. Don’t play with his heart cause there’s just something inside of me that’s telling me you’re that type of person. So yea, don’t you dare do something stupid, because Chris has been through a lot and the last thing he needs is getting his already-fragile-even-though-he-won’t-admit-it-heart broken by the first person he has genuinely fallen in love with. I’ve been working for years to get him back on the right track and, so help me, if you screw that up… well you get the point. But anyways, just know that I will always be on Chris’ side, and I will always look out for him. So if that means coming down here and kicking your ass because he can’t, then I will. Alright? Alright.” She smiled sweetly and went back into her room.

Well this day just keeps getting better and better, doesn’t it? -_-

*

Chris came back at the time he said he would. I wasn’t sure where we were going so I wore just a somewhat casual dress (just in case it was a club). Christina went totally casual. He came through the door and saw me and gave me a kiss. “I’m gonna go get ready, go wait in the car.” He tossed me the keys.