Chapter 16: Together

Chresanto

She was lying on top of me, tracing circles on my chest with her fingertips. It felt so good when she touched me. I screwed up, big time. I titled her head up towards mine and pressed my lips against hers. “I am so sorry babygirl.”

“I know. You say that a lot.” She said and closed her eyes.

“I mean it.”

“I’m not sure if I believe you though.” She looked up at me and smiled.

“Yea well, if you would just let me…” I said and tugged at her zipper. “You’d see how sorry I really am.”

She laughed and started to get up. “I should really get going. I shouldn’t have even come here.” She pulled her jacket over her shirt.

“Please don’t go.” I pleaded, sitting up in the bed. “Please.”

“I really wish I didn’t have to, but…” Her voice trailed off. She gave me a good look up and down and then took her jacket off again. She walked over towards me and crawled back into bed. “Fine.” She smiled and wrapped her arms around my neck. “I’ll stay.”  

And then I woke up. I had been having that same dream for a few nights now and I was feeling worse every single day. I told Mel that I would let her go, but of course that wasn’t working out. I got out of bed and looked around my room. It was filthy. There were bottles scattered across the floor. I had to get her back, I was seriously a wreck without her.

There was no way she was going to listen to me, so I decided to write a letter. It was the only idea that I could think of.

Dear Melanie,

First off, I’m sorry. I know I’ve said that a lot and I would say it a billion more times just to get you to understand how much I actually mean it. I don’t know what happened. I didn’t love Sydney, I just let my temptation get the best of me and I regret it. So freaking much. I should have told you right when it happened, I know, but you’ve got to understand I’ve never had to tell anyone the truth and honestly I’ve never even cared if they knew it or not. With you, it’s different. I know now that if we’re going to be together then I have to learn to be open and honest, we both do actually, and I’m still learning. I’ve kept so many things from you because I didn’t want to hurt you because you’ve been hurt so much already.

I’m trying to change for you, girl. I don’t just want you back I need you back. I need you in my life, so I’m begging you to give me another chance, because I don’t want to wake up another day and you aren’t lying next to me babygirl.

Yours truly,

Chrissy

I finished and cracked my knuckles. This is some good shit I thought to myself.

I couldn’t put it in the mail and wait for her to get it, so I decided to go over to her place and give it to her.

*             *             *

I pulled up to the apartment complex and walked up to her floor. I knocked on the door and while waiting, the door next to hers opened.

“… and you are now free to move in. It’s yours.” A realtor lady or whatever said as she was walking out. Behind her were Rayan and Leilani.

*             *             *

Melanie

I opened the door only to find Chris glaring at someone. I walked out a little more so I could see who and it was Rayan and Leilani. Leilani’s stare immediately went to me, but Rayan’s stayed on Chris and Chris’ stayed on his.