Chapter 15: A Goodbye Kiss?

Chapter 15:A Goodbye Kiss?

Melanie

Oh wow, I’m such a dumbass.

Like, okay I’ve always always known that I was stupid, there was no shocker there but this? This was a new low for myself. Looking back on that night I don’t even understand how I could look in the mirror after knowing what I had just done.

Jacob dropped me off at the apartment.

I stumbled in and Chris was there waiting for me. “Hey.. where have you been?” He said. When I didn’t respond, “You alright?”

“Yea, yea I’m just” I said and fell over a little.

“Woah woah.” He said and caught me. “Come on.” He led me to the room. I sat down on the bed and laid backwards and fell asleep.

*

When I woke up, I was in my pajamas and under the covers.

My head was banging. I checked the clock. 10. “Shit!” I said. Chris came out of the restroom. “Chris why didn’t you wake me?” I jumped up and started scrambling to get dressed.

“Today’s Sunday, Mel. You’re off work.” He said.

“Oh.. right. Ow.” I said and grabbed my head. I sat back down on the bed. The events of last night came rushing back to me. “Chris… I am so sorry.” I said and shook my head.

He sat down next to me. “Sorry for what?”

I looked at him and shook my head again. “ I don’t mean to be such a mess.” He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me to him.

“You aren’t a mess, Melanie.”

“But I am.” I sighed. I couldn’t keep this from him.. I couldn’t. He brought me around to sit on his lap. He started to kiss my neck softly. “Chris…we really have to talk.”

He stopped. His eyes wandered up to mine, filled with concern. “Is… everything okay?”

I took a deep breath and leaned my forehead against his chest, unable to even look at him anymore. I tried to focus on the warmth of his bare chest.

“You’re scaring me…”He said and rubbed my back.

“So um… I’ve been thinking about what you said yesterday… about how we should be more honest with each other…”

“Yea…”

“Last night I hung out with Jacob and Daniel after work. There was a lot of liquor.”

He pulled my head up so that we were staring into each other’s eyes. “Yea…’

I took another deep breath. “Last night… I kissed Dan.”

His face sank. He pulled away from me a little bit and his eyebrows furrowed. He opened his mouth like he was gonna say something but nothing came out. His eyes weren’t looking into mine anymore, instead he was looking down.

Chresanto

Let’s just say I was shocked at what she told me, but I wasn’t angry.

I wasn’t angry because I had a secret of my own. Something that had been eating away at me for weeks now but I just couldn’t tell her. And now that she told me this and she was trying to be honest with me… I couldn’t stop thinking about it. Before I knew it my mouth was ahead of my brain and it came out before I had the chance to stop it.

“I cheated on you with Sydney.”

I said it and automatically regretted it. She looked at me and then slowly got off my lap. She covered her eyes with one of her hands and put another hand on her hip. “You… what..”