Chapter 17: Getting Started

(a/n: Now that Chresanto and Melanie are technically back together, I’ll go back to writing in only Melanie’s point of view)

We split up into teams according to couples, and let’s just say that Chris and I were kicking everyone else’s ass.

Jacob seemed a little annoyed when I brought Chris (he didn’t know we were “back together”) but he got over it quickly. “Dude, you told me you sucked at bowling!” Jacob said over the loud music to me after I got another spare.

“I did?” I walked back to where everyone else was sitting and sat on Chris’ lap. I took a sip of his drink (which he asked me to get since it was alcohol. He had been doing that all night actually, asking my permission to get another drink, to kiss me, etc. It was kind of cute.) He wrapped his arm around my waist from behind me and kissed the back of my head. “That’s my girl.” He whispered in my ear. The night was great. Everyone was getting along. I was even getting along with Isabella (who turned out to not be as bad as I thought) and Bre (who I hadn’t talked to in a while) . I repeat, it was a great night.

After two rounds, we left. Chris and I won of course. “Alright man I’ll see you guys tomorrow.” He said to Jacob and Craig. I waved goodbye to everyone and we got in the car.

“Well that was fun wasn’t it?” I smiled at him, but he wasn’t smiling.

“Melanie, I gotta tell you something.” He said to me with a serious look on his face.

“What?”

“Earlier tonight, when I saw Rayan.. He um, he had a gun.”

“He had a… is he planning on using it?”

“I don’t know. He just showed it to me. I just want you to be extra careful alright?”

I nodded. “Yea.” I couldn’t believe this. What the hell was wrong with him! If this was all about me ‘not hearing him out’ when he cheated on me, then he was friggin crazy!

When I got to my apartment, Rayan and Leilani were not there. Chris walked me up to my door. When I was trying to unlock it, I kept glancing over at the one across from it, half expecting Ray to burst out and shoot us both. Chris saw me and whispered. “You can come over my house if you want. You know, if you don’t feel safe.”

I looked back at him just as I got my door open. “Yea. Yea okay.” I said. We went in and he helped me grab some clothes and a few other things.

*             *             *

When he opened the door to his room, I quietly gasped. The bed was unmade (Chris was OCD about beds being made) and there were clothes and empty bottles. Damn Chresanto. “Chris..” I said barely audible.

“Oh shit, um, I forgot-“ He said and quickly shut the door. “We can sleep in the other room.”

As soon as we got in there I immediately flopped on the bed, the evidence of his breakdown forgotten. “I’m so tired.” I said.

“Do you want to take a shower before you go to sleep?” He said quietly and laid down on the bed next to me. He played with the bottom of my shirt.

I groaned indicating I didn’t feel like moving. He said, “Let me give you a back massage.”

“Since when do you give back massages?”

“Since now, so take off your shirt and turn around.”

“Okay, okay.” I laughed. I pulled my shirt off and laid on my stomach. His big hands started rubbing my back and then my shoulders. “Mmmm that feels good.” When he was finished, he left a trail of kisses from my neck down to the bottom of my back and laid back down.