Chapter 2: You Want Me

Chapter 2: Jealous Much?

Bang Bang Bang.

I heard this knock on my door, AGAIN. It was too early for all that! I checked my phone. It was only 10:17! Who the heck would wake a person up at 10:17?? I saw all these text messages from my current boyfriend, Ray. He always sent me good morning text messages. 

"Whaaat?" I groaned towards whoever was knocking at my door. Good thing I kept it locked at night. 

"Mel! Open up!" Leilani's peppy voice squeaked from the other side. Now what did she want? Grumpily, I crawled out of bed and flung open my door, pretty angrily. 

"Dammit, Lani you know not to wake me up so early!" I yelled as loud as a sleepy person could. She looked at me with a little smirk on her face. 

"You're so lazy, Mel! Come on it's 10 o clock, you can't live like this forever!" She said, grabbing my arm and pulling me towards the kitchen. I was too tired to fight back.

"Stooooop what are you doing?" I moaned. The light from the windows was hurting my eyes. 

"I made breakfast!" She sang as she let go of my arms and spread hers out to present her meal. The eggs looked burnt, the pancakes looked deformed and the biscuits looked like they hadn't even been made yet. But I guessed it was a kind gesture. 

"Wow thanks. I'll eat it when I wake up." I said turning around to go back to sleep.

"No! Melanie Brown I made this for you to show my appreciation for letting me move over here! Stop being a lazy bum and eat it!" She said, grabbing my arm again and stopping me. She really needed to stop doing that. I don't like people touching me.

"Fine, might as well." I said.

-------------------------------------------------

After forcing her horrible cooking down my throat, I smiled. "Thanks, Lani." She was so sensitive, if I didn't pretend like I liked it she would be crushed.

"I know I'm not the best cook in the world, but I really couldn't think of another way to show you my appreciation... you know, since I'm broke." She laughed as she took my plate and washed it. "I wanted to do more.. but I work at a restaurant girl. I have no money!" 

I laughed too, because it was true. "It's fine, I liked it. So what are you doing today? It's your day off." I   asked her.

"I was planning on spending today with Chresanto..." She said. "He said he was gonna take me somewhere special." She beamed. I tried not to roll my eyes. Probably some club! He didn't seem capable of taking anyone anywhere fancy. 

"How long have you two been together?" I asked.

"Mel... long enough. You already have Ray just please don't..." She started.

"Chill out! I'm happy with Rayan. I just wanted to know how long you two have been together sheesh! Stop being so paranoid."

"I wouldn't be paranoid if you didn't give me a reason..." She said under her breath, probably not intending for me to hear. I scoffed and went to my bedroom. I hated it when she kept bringing up my *ahem*  behavior in the past. I wasn't like that anymore! At least I was trying not to be like that...

Around lunch time, my cell phone buzzed. A text from Ray. 

From: Ray Bewwww <3333

Hey bae, meet me at La Madelines?

To: Ray Bewwww <3333