chapter 12 (grandpa's POV)

Roberto Romano-

We were all staying at James home because the Russians were attaking our bases and we think that they are planning something with the Germans. We needed a plan to find out what they are planning? And why so sudden? but what I saw there I can't believe my eyes, Valentina Is alive,they found her,my bambina is alive.
I am really angry at my son for not telling us. When he explained why he didn't tell us I understand his reasoning but still he should've told me at least. When Valentina asked why she wasn't informed everyone looked at her. We were a little shocked when we heard her voice, don't get me wrong her voice is angelic but it was a little raspy and cold. When my son told her that he couldn't tell her because she went out before he could, this made us all confuse. According to what he told us she came a few days ago then how she knew about this place is and where can she go for a whole day.
When my wife introduced herself and hugged her all her brothers' and my son had a little fear in their eyes like they were fearing what Val would do. She didn't hugged her back just stood shocked like she was not expecting it, just when my wife was about to pull away she hugged her tightly like she never got hugged like this and this made me worried and confused. When Lucas dramatically gasped and complaint that why she didn't hugged him back,it's like she got out of a trance and she composed herself and told him that it's because he's annoying, everyone chuckled at that. Then everyone introduced themselves, when Daniel introduced Dante, she looked at him with a look that looked like recongisation. She smiled back at him and this shock my son and his sons and then lucas dramatically gasped again,oh god this boy,who would believe that he is a mafia prince.
When he explained that she smiled for the first time since she got here this made me confused,she used to smile all the time before she got kidnapped.  When she looked at me expecting me to introduced myself. I introduced myself coldly because I wanted to test if she gets scared or not. We live a dangerous life and she would find that out sooner or later,so we have to know if she could handle that or not but I didn't expect her to reply so boldly and coldly. Everyone looked at her shocked and she said something about why these people get shocked everytime she says something, I laughed at that and told her that we would win her trust,we would. When we were having dinner Xander asked her about her tattoos and where she was the whole day, this shocked me a little but everyone in the family have tattoos,I don't really have any problem besides its her choice we don't have any say in it. When they asked where she was, I was genuinely interested but when she said she does work and same as us I choked on my food but when she said business I signed in relief. She told us that she is graduated and is a fashion designer, I didn't expect her to be a businesswoman like she is just 16.
My granddaughter is very intelligent,she is 16 and is already independent, I am so proud of her and I know everyone is. I won't lie I expected her to be a little bitchy,I mean she is a businesswoman and most kids her age are arrogant and disrespectful but when she went to wash her dish,she proved me wrong. Before going to her room she put my idiot grandsons in their place. They really deserved it and if they thought they will get away with the comments they made and the glaring then they are wrong. I didn't show that I noticed but that doesn't mean that I don't know anything and I know my sons and elder grandsons noticed too. When she went to her room I glared at the three idiot grandsons of Mine and said" in the office after dinner"and they all visibly gulped.

In the office after dinner-

"EXPLAIN YOURSELF NOW" I said in a threatening tone.
"Grandpa how can we trust the girl who we met just now, what if it's a trick of some mafia to get our information" said Carlos and Xander and Bruno nodded in agreement.
"How can you trust? She is your goddamn sister you have to trust her, how can you even say something like this" said Stefano ( his father) in disbelief.
"She is not our sister" said Xander.
" What do you mean she is not your sister?She is MY BLOOD, MY DAUGHTER and YOUR SISTER " said James already fed up with his son's nonsense.

" No she is not- she is not the same you saw earlier how cold and closed off she is,she is so changed, she is hiding something and you know it " said Xander.
" Who is saying this,huh? You- aren't you changed? you were always smiling when you were a kid then why do you behave like this now huh?
Shit happens Xander people change, she spent her whole life in Foster care, you know the life there is not all rainbow and rain. We are total strangers for her and you can't expect her to be all happy and share her Secrets,her past with strangers, she needs time. We have to give her time, we have to earn her trust and that won't happen if you will be an a-s to her." James tried to explain to his son.

" You can't compare her with me,I have a reason to be like this and you know that but what reason she have?
She was not even in the foster care till she turned 12? We don't even know where she was before, her file is so secured. We didn't got any important information from her file? It was not mentioned in her file that she graduated and is a fashion designer. The only information we got is thar she went to foster care when she was 12 then some loving families adopted her but they either sent her back because of her bitchy personality or she ran away because of what? Because they were not rich? She is just a -"
"Don't you dare complete your sentence, Xander" Alexander warned cutting Xander off.
" You have no right to assume things, you don't know the reason, you don't know what happened to her, you don't know why she is cold, you don't know why she ran away from the foster care, you don't know any f--king thing so don't assume things. What if her reason for being like is the same as yours, huh? Would you be able to forgive yourself if her reason his anywhere near yours?" Said Rafael, now everyone have a look of shock and fear on their face,even xander. Rafael never talks this much, he's like Alex but more closed off. He's more quite like Dante and sergio. Alex don't smile,but Rafael does but I know it's always fake. We know he's going through something but he never shows it. He hides his real emotions, so seeing him talk this much is shocking but more shocking it what he said.
Could it be-- no we should not assume maybe it's not that.

But little did everyone know that it's worst than that.

" No that's not it, no it's not possible - no it can't be" Xander stuttered. All the eyes softened seeing his state. He never forgave himself for what happened to him. I don't think he will ever.
Xander punched the wall and went out.
" I'm sorry I should have brought that it's just I-" Marco cut Raffael by hugging him.
"It's okay, he'll come around,it was for his own good or else he won't have understood what happened" Marco tried to reassure him.
"I guess" Rafael replied before going out,most likely to talk to Xander.
"Let them be,they need time" I said to my grandsons who wanted to go after them.
"Now can anyone tell us what Xander was saying about Valentina? What file?" Asked Alfonso.

Sorry for the late update. Being a sophomore is tough. Anyways what do you think about this chapter?
"What's the deal with Russians and Germans?
Who was him? And what happened to him that Xander could not forgive himself?
What was xander's reason for being so grumpy all the time?
What's the deal with Rafael?
What file?
Comment your thoughts.
Words: 1470