Chapter 25- you should laugh more

Val's POV-

" That was so cool" daniel said.
" Yeah, my sister's a badass" Xavier agreed.
" You should have recorded that" grandpa grumbled.
" Don't worry grandpa, Xavier have the CCTV footage, he'll send it to you all" daniel told him.
I am having dinner right now and daniel and Xavier are telling everyone what happened today. They all have a proud look in their eyes and it's overwhelming how they are showering compliments but I don't think I completely hate this feeling.
" So how do you know the principal?" Bruno asked.
" He was my principal in my old school, before he went to Stamford two years ago" I replied.
" So got any plans for Friday night ?" Lucas asked.
"Yes, going to a party hosted by some football team member"  I replied.
"Oh, your friends are coming too, right?" Lucas asked.
" Yeah" he nodded, thinking something.(A/N- about what or ...who?guess ;) )

I went to my room after dinner and changed my clothes and started working on some designs.
This Sunday, we are going to reveal our faces to the world, I have been planning it for months but I am still anxious, I don't know if this plan would work or backfire.
I am not worried about myself, cause I have been preparing myself for this day since the day I escaped but I am worried about the twins, if something happened to them I don't know what I'll do.
I shook off the negative thoughts and went back to work. I worked till 2 in the morning then took my sleeping pills and went to sleep.

Next day-(4am)

I turned off the alarm before it ringed, since I woke up 10 min early.
I went to the bathroom did my morning routine, changed into my gym clothes and went to the gym downstairs.
I finished my warmup and was about to start punching when Alex, leo and Xander entered the gym.
" Good morning, what are you doing?" Leo asked.
"Good morning, just finished warmup" I replied.
" Wanna spar?" He asked.
"Why not ?"

45 minutes later -

I passed leo the bottle of water as  he laid on the mat, breathing heavily.
"Thanks" he said taking the bottle.
"How?" Xander asked.
" Yeah how did you do that?" Lucas said.
All my brothers arrived a few minutes after I agreed to spar with leo, and noticing my confusion Alex said they they all train together early in the morning on mon, wed and Friday.

"I can't believe I lose from my baby sister" leo said in disbelief.
"You sure you were not going easy on her" xan questioned.
" I was going to but she told me to not underestimate her ,so was not going easy on her" he replied.
They all looked at me for answer so I just shrugged.
"It was hard to beat you but your injured shoulder gave me an advantage also I don't think fighting is your speciality" I told him.
" You are injured?" Lucas asked leo.
" Its not a big deal" he replied then asked me "How did you know my shoulder was injured? Its an internal injury it's not that easy to tell"
"Experience, I have been doing this for like my whole life. It would be a shame if I can't even tell this" I answered drinking water.
"When did you start learning to fight?" Alex asked.
"Since I was 5 years old" I replied.
"Why?" Grandpa asked and I stiffened at the question.
" That's a question for another time, now I should go and get ready, I am leaving early today" and with that I left and went to my room.
I went to the bathroom and stripped.
I entered the shower and closed my eyes taking a deep breath as the ice cold water hit my skin.
Why?
Because I had no choice.
Because I was forced to be a killing machine.
Because I was forced to be a monster.
Because that was the only way to survive.
To protect....
I opened my eyes immediately shaking off all the memories.
I dried myself after cleaning myself and changed my clothes. I did light makeup and went downstairs.

I went to the kitchen and made myself a smoothie

When I finished my smoothie, most of my brothers were already sitting on the table, having breakfast. When they entered the kitchen they were looking at me with an unreadable look in their eyes but one  deadpan look from and they stopped, looking anywhere but at me.
"I'm leaving" I announced.
" Isn't it too early for school?" Rafael asked.
" I have some paperwork to do so I am going to my office before school" I replied and went to the garage.
I hopped on my bike went to the mansion.
Twins were already up and were having breakfast when I reached there.
"your early" Isa noted.
"Was up early, wanted to get away and had nothing to do so I thought of completing the paper work." I answered honestly.
" Ok so you decided why to do with the traitor?" He  asked referring to Merida( the one who stole their designs for their event).
" She told you who she is working for?" I asked.
"Our biggest rival, Nolofy" ( a/n- don't ask me why this name I randomly found it not a website)
" Those dirty bastards" I cursed.
"Just kill her and send a friendly warning to them to stop these dirty tricks because if I started playing dirty they would be a mess" I said darkly.
They both smirked.
I then went upstairs to my office and started doing work. I finished 15 mon before we have go to school and we all headed to the hellhole together.
I was late so not surprising Santiago was already sitting on the last bench near the window.
" Your late" he noted as I sat next to him.
"Yeah, had some work to do before coming to school" I replied.
"Why? Were you waiting for me" I teased.
"Of course not, why would I" he replied, bashfully.
" Sure whatever floats your boat" I said.
"Fine, I was just curious to know if you got any punishment for what you did yesterday, nothing else" he admitted.
" No I didn't, why would they punish me when I did nothing wrong, I was just defending myself" I said with an innocent smile.
"So uhm you coming to the party tonight?" He asked changing the topic.
" Why? Will you wait for me?" I asked innocently.
" No I was just asking" he replied immediately looking away to hide the faint blush on his cheeks.
" Relax, I was just teasing you" I chuckled at his cute behaviour.
" You should laugh more often it looks good on you" he said.
"You'll have to make me laugh more often then" I said.
"Miss. Romano and Mr. Martinez pay attention and stop talking" our teacher called us out earning annoyed looks from us but we did stopped talking.
The bell rang after 10 min and we started packing our bags.
"See you at the party" Santiago said.
" See you at the party" I repeated and we both went to our next class.
This party is going to be very interesting, I thought to myself smiling softly.

Don't kill me pls. I am really sorry for the late update. I was really busy because of my exams, so I barely had time but I stayed up till late today to write this chapter so forgive me for any mistakes.
So what do think about this chapter?
Why she had to learn to fight?
Who is the person she wanted to protect?
What do you think about the interaction between santi and val?
Any ship names?
Also it's my birthday today so tell what's your birthday month?
Don't be a silent reader and comment your thoughts.
And voteeee.
Ta-da.
Words: 1311