Chapter 20- Santiago

Valentina's POV-

" Are you really sure about this?" I asked them again.
"We are sure,Val, we want to do this." Elliott assured me.
" But it's really risky" I tried again.
" Our life is risky and it's the only way we can find him" Isa reasoned.
I sighed.
We are at the warehouse right now, in my office discussing about the upcoming event. We are revealing our face this weekend. We are planning this for so long but I am still not sure.
I am not worried about me ,I have nothing to lose but the twins,they are just sixteen, they have their whole lives ahead of them.
After this there is no turning back, they will know about us.
We tried everything to find them but they just disappeared from the face of earth. So we have no choice but to lure them out. They will come after us and then we'll trap them ending this for good but this can cost us everything we have and I won't be able to forgive myself if I lost them too.
"Don't worry V, nothing will happen to us. We'll be fine." Isa tried to reassure me but I know not ever she believes herself. I gave her a small sad smile but didn't argue.
" Let's have some pizza then" Elliott said trying to lighten up the mood.
" Just as he said that I got a message from Alex that he want me home now.
" I'll have to go now,see you guys later" I bid them goodbye and went home.
All my younger brothers were sitting in the living room when I reached there, chatting among themselves looking bored and confused.
I sat near lucas and asked him if he knew why we are all called here but he also have know idea. We waited for 5 minutes and then the oldies and my older brothers came out of James's office .
" We called you here to tell you that we are having guests for dinner tonight so you all have to be present at dinner on time at 8 pm" James explained.
" guests?" I asked.
" Our business partners from Russia." Alex answered.
I nodded and went to my room.

What my brother meant was dinner with the Russian Mafia.
Russians are the second powerful mafia after the French mafia. They have been very secretive after their mafia princess was kidnapped. Their Donna stopped attending any mafia meetings and balls and except a few people no one know how she look like. They have a son too but not many people know about him.
This dinner is going to be beneficial.
If they are good then maybe I can form an alliance with them. I don't make alliances but with this upcoming war we'll need help, don't get me wrong my mafia can handle this war alone but after war we won't be able to exist and I don't want that, that's why I'm thinking of making alliance with my father's mafia and Leonardo's mafia.

Let's see how the dinner with the Italian, American and russian mafia will go.

It's still early and I have a few hours left so I started doing my work on my laptop.

A few hours later-

I just completed my work and it's 6:30 already  so went went to the bathroom, showered and did my routine, changed into a plain black dress with black heels and did my makeup. For hairs I just curled them a little and let them down.
Her outfit

Her heels

Her makeup

Her makeup

I went downstairs and saw everyone already dressed and waiting for our guest

I went downstairs and saw everyone already dressed and waiting for our guest. Just as on clue the door bell rang and dad went to open the door and a man and a woman came inside. I recognised the man as Mr Martínez, I never met him in person but he looked like a really cold type of guy. I looked at her wife and my breath hitched. She look just like...
No it can't be, I must be mistaken.
"Where is Matteo?" Grandma asked.
" His school went to a field trip today and he was exhausted when he came back so he didn't come. Now tell me where is she?" Asked the women.
My dad looked at me and I walked up to him and he introduced them to me.
"Val, this is Mr. Lorenzo Martínez and his wife Matilda, they are our business partners and very close family friends " just as he completed Mrs Martínez hugged me.
" Oh dear I am sorry but it's been so long since I saw you I couldn't help it" she apologized when she noticed I wasn't hugging her back.
" No problem Mrs Martínez, I was just not expecting it" I said politely.
" Just call me Matilda" she said.
I heard the clicking of shoes and looked at the door as someone walked in. Those gray eyes widened when they connected with my blue ones. I masked my surprise and smirked at him and he quickly composed himself .
" This is my elder son, Santiago" Matilda introduced him.
Santiago.
" And this is Valentina" she introduced me to him. His eyes connected with mine again but this time it had an emotion I couldn't understand and it disappeared quickly. He put his hand out to shake and I put my hand in his.
"It's nice to meet you, Santiago" I said. His ears were a little pink when I said his name and I gave him a little coy smile before putting my blank face on.
"Likewise" he said quickly, retreating his hand. He walked up to my brothers and started talking to them. After a few minutes we all went to the the dinning room and sat on our seats. Surprisingly, santiago sat next to me. We all started eating and everyone started talking among themselves.
" I still can't believe you're Valentina" he whispered in his deep voice sending a shiver down my spine. He smirked at that.
" Why?" I asked in the same way and smirked when it had the same effect on him.
" Because you just...are different now" he replied struggling to find the right word.
" So you knew me when I was Toddler?" I asked.
" I did" he replied.
" Looks like the kids are catching up, Martha?" Matilda asked grandma with a little smirk.
" Well they are childhood besties ofcourse they have some catching up to do" she replied wiggling her eyebrows a little. All the chatters died down as all the males except Mr. Martínez glared at Santiago who was looking a little embarrassed at his mother.
" Besties?" I asked innocently.
"Oh you don't remember now but you both used to be besties, I used to bring him to play with your brothers but after you were born he always used to play with you. It was so hard to separate you and when I had to take him home you both would immediately start to cry and beg to not take him away" she laughed remembering the those days.

Flashback-

I know I'm cruel but it had to be done,but I promise next chapter would be worth it.
So what do you think of the chapter?
Also I changed their surname from Deluca to Martínez because Deluca is Italian and they are Spanish. Also I changed Silas's name and named him Santiago because it suits him better.
Thought?
Quick question- where are you from?
Words- 1243