Eight

Hey!
Thank you for the comments on the last chapter! I hope you're enjoying the story so far, I'm trying to update as much as possible.
Let me know what you think to this chapter!
Happy reading xx

Toni wasn't sure whether to knock on the door or just walk in when she got to Thornhill but she decided on knocking after what happened.

She waited but there was no answer so she knocked again a little harder this time.

Just when she was about to give up she heard footsteps behind the door before it opened.

'Cheryl, can I come in? We need to talk'.

The redhead didn't say anything she just stepped to the side to allow her ex in.

Toni gave her a unsure smile, she heard the door close behind her before Cheryl was leading them to one of Thornhill's many rooms.

'Cheryl I'm sorry for what I said,' Toni said as the redhead sat in the armchair, 'this is all just a little difficult to wrap my head around'.

'I understand,' Cheryl said, she was still being a little short but she did understand why Toni was upset.

'Could you talk me through what's going on? I promise to listen this time,' Toni said sitting down herself.

'Are you sure you're ready to hear it?' Cheryl asked.

'Yeah'.

'Okay. Well long story short my body has been inhabited by my deceased ancestor Abigail Blossom and I was sent here. I thought I'd never get back to my body, how could I expect to? The only people that knew were Britta and my nana. No one's going to believe them. I didn't want to believe I'd be here for eternity but the future was looking bleak,' Cheryl said shuffling in her seat.

Toni remained quiet as the redhead continued, 'somehow I managed to communicate with Britta. She told me that Abigail was planning on switching your soul with Thomasina's. I assumed that would eventually be her plan but I didn't expect it to be so soon. I tried to warn you but I failed. I didn't have a choice, if Abigail switched your souls you would be trapped here like me'.

'Wait, so I'm not trapped here?' Toni asked.

'No. I cast the spell so I can reverse it. I summoned Thomasina, your ancestor, to try and talk Abigail down. If she willingly leaves my body my soul will return to it, if she won't then I'll be here forever'.

'So Abigail and Thomasina...' Toni started.

'Are soulmates. Always connected. Always intertwined'.

'I see. Do you trust Thomasina to do the right thing?' Toni asked.

'I do,' Cheryl said with a nod.

'Why?'

'Because you are of her blood. Everything that's good in the world. She's very much like you Toni and I believe she will do the right thing'.

'And Abigail?'

'Abigail is a Blossom,' Cheryl said, 'but I believe the love she has for Thomasina will cause her to do the right thing. Or at least I hope it will'.

Toni nodded as she sat back in her chair.

'I can send you back but you need to leave Riverdale immediately,' Cheryl rushed out.

'But what about you?' Toni asked.

'I will still be here. I can't do anything about that unfortunately'.

Toni looked at Cheryl, she knew she was being genuine, at one time they shared a love like no other.

And Cheryl had put Toni above herself on numerous occasions.