Epilogue

9 years later...

'I can't believe our baby boy is ten,' Toni said as she carried the grocery bags into the kitchen.

'Oh TT don't, I've just fixed my makeup and I don't want to cry again,' Cheryl said following behind her wife.

Toni shook her head as she smiled, 'what time is Britta getting here?'

'She said she and Darcy would be here to help finish setting up in the next hour, does that leave us with enough time?'

'Yeah, I told Kevin and Fangs to bring Anthony back by 1pm, everyone else should arrive by 12.30pm'.

'Great. Remind me to thank Brittania for looking after Charlotte'.

'Babe, Britta loves spending time with her sister,' Toni said turning to face the redhead.

'I know but...'

'No buts,' Toni said wrapping her arms around Cheryl's neck and placing a soft kiss on her lips. 'Now come on we have a party to prepare'.

—————

'Happy birthday!' The crowd yelled as the young boy walked through the glass doors.

Anthony looked around the yard at his family and friends with the biggest grin on his face.

He turned to his dads wrapping his arms around them both before his eyes landed on his moms.

'Mom! Ma!' He ran and collided with their legs, wrapping his arms tightly around them.

'Happy birthday baby,' Toni said as she placed her hands on his cheeks and kissed him sweetly on his nose before he turned to his mama.

'Happy birthday sweetheart,' Cheryl said, placing a kiss on the top of his brown curly hair.

'No love for your sisters?' Britta said from the crowd with Charlotte in her arms, the two year old spotted the bouncy castle at the back of the yard and she was desperately trying to wiggle out of Britta's embrace.

Anthony ran over to them, first hugging Britta and then taking Charlotte from her arms, before long the youngest redhead shuffled from her brothers arms and was leading him over to the bouncy castle as he greeted the guests.

'Hey guys,' Fangs greeted Cheryl and Toni with a hug followed by Kevin.

'Hey,' Toni said as she pulled away, 'how are you both?'

'Great,' Kevin smiled, 'we had breakfast at Pops and took a walk in the park'.

'You guys did a great job of pulling this off, it looks great,' Fangs said looking around.

'That's all Cheryl, you know she's a perfectionist,' Toni said before laughing.

'It was a team effort,' Cheryl smiled.

The four parents turned when they heard Anthony laughing loudly.

'You know, I don't know why he thinks they're so funny...' Toni said with a teasing tone.

'You know how much he loves his aunts,' Cheryl said looking over at Anthony with Abigail and Thomasina.

'Oh yeah,' Fangs laughed, 'Aunt Abigail and Aunt Thomasina have the best stories'.

Cheryl smiled, Abigail and Thomasina helped her over the past decade more than she could thank them for.

They'd been a constant in her life, and even though she was an adult she was grateful for that, they treat her as family should with love and respect.