Twenty One

Hey everyone!
Sorry it's been so long since the last update, I've been working and I've been poorly but I'm feeling better now. I hope you enjoy this chapter & let me know what you think!
Happy reading xx

Toni waited until the nurse left Cheryl's room to speak to her.

'How is she?' Toni asked.

'She's doing well,' the nurse said, 'it's important for her to rest for now'.

'Thank you,' Toni said and the nurse gave her a polite nod.

Toni quietly opened the door back into Cheryl's room and smiled when she she saw the redhead looking back at her.

'Toni what happened?' Cheryl asked as she tried to sit up but she winced in pain immediately.

'Don't try to move,' Toni said rushing to her side, 'you saved me. You saved my life Cheryl, do you remember?'

'I... I think so,' Cheryl said as she looked up at the ceiling, 'Fenn threw a blade at you and I pushed you out of the way'.

Toni nodded her confirmation, 'the blade hit you. I thought I... I thought I lost you'.

Toni tried to stay strong but she couldn't help the tears welling up in her eyes.

'Toni please don't cry,' Cheryl said reaching for her hand, 'I'd do it again in a heart beat'.

'No. I don't want you to ever do anything like that again. You scared me Cher, really scared me'.

'I won't apologise Toni, you mean more to me than you'll ever know,' Cheryl whispered, 'and I wasn't alone, Jason was there'.

'Jason?' Toni frowned.

'Yeah, he was there to meet me... to take me to the other side. He told me I had a choice, to go with him or come back here. I wanted to come back for you'.

Toni didn't know what to say, after everything that happened with Abigail and Thomasina she knew there was life after death and she also knew how much Cheryl loved her twin.

And yet here she was.

Alive.

'He really likes you by the way,' Cheryl added.

'Really? After everything?'

'Yes, he said he was rooting for us'.

'I love that,' Toni smiled, 'I'm glad you got to speak to him'.

'He says he watches over me and that he'll be there to meet me when it's my time'.

'That's really beautiful Cheryl,' Toni said as she rubbed the back of the redheads hand with her thumb.

'What happened to Fenn?' Cheryl asked.

'Thomasina and Abigail locked him away at Thornhill,' Toni said.

'I didn't seriously harm him, did I?'

'No, I don't think so,' Toni said, she hadn't really thought about it and that made her feel awful.

'Okay,' Cheryl said, 'Toni, maybe you should go home. Get some rest'.

'No way'.

'What about Anthony? He needs his mother Toni'.

'I know. Tabitha brought him by earlier today, she's taking good care of him and when everything goes back to normal and I know he will be safe with me I'll take him back'.

'Toni you really don't have to stay, I'm fine'.

'Cheryl I'm not leaving you. I want to be here to help you heal, okay?'