Twenty

Hey everyone!
Another update. This may be the last one until next weekend unless I get some writing done tomorrow. Thank you for all of your comments & kind words I really appreciate them!
Happy reading!
Nat xx

Toni watched on hopelessly as the paramedics tried multiple times to revive Cheryl.

The paramedics shared a look of sadness before switching off their machine.

'No no no, please just try one more time,' Toni said, as she looked at the heart monitor, the flat line moving across the screen made her nauseous.

'I'm sorry ma'am, she's gone,' the paramedic said as he stood up.

'No!' Toni said falling next to Cheryl's body, 'please just try one more time'.

'There's nothing more we can do, I'm sorry'.

Toni just cried as she looked at the love of her life laid lifelessly on the ground.

'I'm sorry Cher. I love you,' Toni whispered through her tears as she bent down placing a kiss on Cheryl's forehead.

Thomasina carefully stood forward and placed a hand on Toni's shoulders in an effort to comfort her.

The whole of Thornhill was silent beyond Toni's cries, no one wanted to believe this was real.

Abigail couldn't help but feel guilty, if she would have listened to Thomasina in the first place none of this would be happening.

Out of the blue the heart monitor peaked and then peaked again.

'Cheryl?' Toni whispered before the heart monitor began beeping in a constant rhythm.

'Ma'am step back,' one of the paramedics said as he bent besides Cheryl, 'we have a heartbeat'.

The other paramedic got the oxygen mask and placed it gently over the redheads face, she was she unconscious but she was alive.

It didn't take them very long to get Cheryl into the ambulance and rush her to Riverdale Hospital.

Toni followed behind in Cheryl's car with Abigail and Thomasina, they were all relieved but Cheryl wasn't out of the woods yet.

'Where's Fangs?' Toni asked as they rushed to the hospital.

'We locked him in the chapel,' Abigail said.

'He will not be able to escape, we made sure of it,' Thomasina added.

'Can we cast Fenn out?' Toni asked, she was definitely breaking any speed limits but she didn't care.

'We can try,' Abigail said, 'but I am afraid without Cheryl's help we may fail'.

Toni let out a sigh but she didn't ask anymore questions.

—————

Toni wasn't sure how long they'd been sat in the hospital waiting room when her friends rushed in.

'Toni are you okay?' Betty said as she engulfed Toni in a hug.

The brunette had given Betty a brief explanation over the phone so at least she didn't have to explain it now.

Toni just nodded, words were hard for her to form right now, staying focused was hard.

She couldn't stop herself from drifting off into her own mind, memories of Cheryl were taking over any other thoughts.