Twenty Four

Hey everyone!
I hope you're all doing good! Sorry about not updating much, my motivation for writing is low right now but I'm sure it'll pick up soon. Let me know what you think about this chapter!
Happy reading!

Toni hadn't reached out to Cheryl since she got back to her apartment which was a couple of days ago.

Fangs wasn't physically injured but after everything that happened Toni knew it had taken a toll on his mental health.

She explained everything that happened as soon as she got him back to the apartment obviously leaving out the part about her and Cheryl.

For now that had to wait.

But that didn't mean Toni wasn't thinking about the redhead, she wanted to reach out to her but she wasn't sure if she should since Cheryl hadn't reached out to her.

The brunette was glad to have her son home with her though, she had missed him tremendously and although it hadn't been that long she felt like he had changed so much.

'I'm so glad we're all together,' Fangs said as he wrapped his arm around Toni.

She wanted to move away, but she felt guilty, it was only when she leaned in to kiss her did she pull back.

'What's going on with you?' He asked.

'Nothing,' Toni said as she put more distance between them.

'Toni, you're pulling away from me whenever I'm near you. Did I say or do something to hurt you when I was... possessed?'

'No, it's not that,' Toni said before cursing herself.

'Then what is it? Our family is back together yet it feels like you don't even want to be near me'.

'Of course I do. It's just that...'

'That what Toni?'

'I don't think we should be together anymore'.

Toni thought her heart stopped as the words left her mouth but she couldn't help but feel slightly relieved.

'What?' Fangs said, he was shocked, Toni could tell.

'I just think we're better off as friends. I'm sorry'.

'Friends? We have a son Toni'.

'I know,' Toni said as she dropped her head, 'but we weren't together when we conceived him. We can still be good parents to him'.

'Where is all this coming from?' He asked before realisation dawned on his face, 'does this have something to do with Cheryl?'

'What? No'.

'You're lying Toni. Tell me the truth'.

'None of this is her fault,' Toni said as Fangs looked at her in disbelief as he stood up.

Toni stayed in her place on the couch, she had no idea how this was going to play out.

'Are you serious?' Fangs asked in disbelief, 'you still have feelings for her don't you. You promised me I didn't have to worry about her'.

'I know and I'm sorry, we didn't mean for anything to happen'.

'Happen? You cheated on me?'

'Fangs please keep your voice down Anthony is sleeping,' Toni pleaded, 'it's not that I don't care about you, it's just...'

'You care about her more,' Fangs finished her sentence, 'did you sleep with her?'

'What? No'.

'Then what happened?'