Eleven

'I'm sorry,' Cheryl said when she finally pulled herself away.

'You don't have to apologise,' Toni said as she dropped her arm back to her side.

'I do. I brought you here. Away from your family and I'm the one acting like the victim. Typical Cheryl'.

'Hey,' Toni said gently, 'you're a victim too. You don't deserve to be here'.

Cheryl stayed silent, she didn't believe that.

'Can we talk about us?' Toni said out of the blue and she actually surprised herself.

'There is no us,' Cheryl said.

'But there was,' Toni said, 'I may be an adult now but teenage me still has questions... if you'd be willing to answer them?'

'I don't know Toni...' Cheryl hesitated, she was already emotional enough.

She did want to give Toni answers though if she wanted them.

But she wasn't sure if now was the right time.

'I don't want to force you to talk about it but I do think it would be good... for the both of us'.

'You deserve answers Toni. I'm just unsure if now is the right time,' Cheryl said.

'Then when?' Toni asked.

'I'm not sure'.

'Okay,' Toni said, she was a little disappointed but she wouldn't push.

'We should probably head inside,' Cheryl said but she didn't make an effort to move.

Toni stood up and stretched before she held her hand out for the redhead.

Cheryl hesitated for a moment but she took the hand offered to her and allowed herself to be pulled up.

'I can see if Anthony is awake if you'd like?' Cheryl asked, she let go of Toni's hand as soon as she was on her feet.

'Please,' Toni said with a nod.

Cheryl and Toni walked into Thornhill side by side but in silence.

The redhead climbed the staircase since she assumed Anthony would be in his crib.

'Cher what's that?' Toni said pointing to the broken glass on the floor.

'I... I don't know,' Cheryl said taking a step towards the mess, her eyes drifting up to the wall.

She frowned as she spoke, 'the mirrors been broken'.

'How?' Toni asked.

'I'm not sure...'

'Weird'.

Cheryl nodded in agreement but she didn't say anything further instead she made her way to Anthony's nursery.

The redhead still felt uncomfortable in here, after decorating the room for a second time she hadn't stepped foot in it again in the real Riverdale.

'Did you do this for Anthony?' Toni asked, she probably shouldn't have but she couldn't help it.

'I...' Cheryl stopped in the middle of the room but she didn't turn around to face the brunette, 'I wanted to right my wrongs. After what I did at the key party I realised my mistake, I hoped that maybe we would become friends but I realise now that I was being foolish'.

'Foolish? Why?' Toni asked.

'Who would want their child in this house of horrors?'

'Cheryl... I didn't mean what I said that night. You caught me off guard. I had some great times at Thistlehouse with you, I just never felt completely at home. Do you understand?'