Eighteen

Hey everyone!
I hope you're all doing well, I'm suffering with writers block atm and it's pretty annoying. I'm gonna keep this short and sweet so I hope you enjoy & let me know what you think!
Happy reading!
Nat xx

Within thirty seconds of Abigail leaving Cheryl's bedroom there was a quiet knock at the door.

Cheryl didn't speak, she knew who it was.

'Hi,' Toni said quietly as she entered the room, 'Abigail said we'll be sharing your room for safety'.

'Yeah...' Cheryl said keeping her eyes on the ground.

'Can we talk?'

'What's to talk about Toni? Like I said we're back in Riverdale'.

'Does that change what happened between us?'

Cheryl didn't speak, she didn't know what to say.

Toni let out a quiet sigh, she hated seeing Cheryl so closed off.

She thought about what Thomasina said to her downstairs about Topaz's not giving up on the people they love so she approached the redhead slowly and knelt down in front of her taking one of her hands in her own.

'Cher, I know things are hard right now... but I really want to talk to you about what happened between us'.

'There really isn't much to say'.

'Why are you pushing me away? I'm not going to hurt you Cheryl, I just need to know how you feel'.

Toni waited a moment but Cheryl didn't speak, the brunette let out a quiet breath, 'get some rest, I'll keep a look out for Fenn'.

Cheryl stood up grabbing some pyjamas from her drawer and entered the en-suite to change.

When she emerged back into the bedroom she looked at Toni who was sitting at her vanity table.

'I left you some pyjamas in the bathroom'.

'Thank you. I've locked the door, we should be fine if we get any unwanted visitors'.

Cheryl gave her a nod and climbed into bed as Toni entered the bathroom to change.

When Toni came back into the bedroom after ten minutes the room was engulfed in darkness, she navigated her way back to the stool she was sitting on previously.

'Toni?' A quiet voice said.

'Yeah?' Toni kept her voice low too.

'There's plenty of room on the bed'.

'Are you sure? I don't want to make you uncomfortable'.

'Yes. You can't stay there all night'.

'Okay'.

Toni stood up and quietly made her way over to Cheryl's bed, her heart was pumping faster than she'd like to admit.

She carefully pulled back the comforter and slid into bed making sure to keep a safe distance between herself and the redhead.

'I'm sorry'.

'For what?' Toni asked.

'For the way I've treated you since we got back'.

Toni remembered Cheryl preferred to talk about things in the dark when they were teenagers, she guessed some things never change.

'Cheryl I understand. I just want to know what you're thinking. What you're feeling'.

'I'm... I'm scared Toni'.

'Of what?'

'Of what could happen. If I talk about the way I feel it'll only hurt more when you leave,' Cheryl said, her voice still low, 'you're still in a relationship'.