one

Noelle's pov

"It was so great seeing you have a safe ride home" I smiled.

"You too Elle, I'll come see you again next week it's been so fun" Brady smiled back.

"Bye Brady"

"Bye Elle" he walked over to his car as I waved him off.

I closed my door sad that the day with him was over but happy that I'll be able to see him again next week.

Brady and I have been bestfriends since year 9 in Secondary school. As we've grown older we've been unable to see eachother as much because of our jobs, ectetera. We arrange to hang out when we can and I'm so glad we're seeing eachother as often as we are.

I walked into the kitchen where my brother Harry and a few other Sidemen were.

"Hey Nelly" Harry shouted excitedly.

"Hey Harold" I laughed.

"I haven't seen you all day where you been?" He asked.

"Brady was round" I laughed.

"Ohhhhh" Harry laughed back.

"I'll be in my room if you need me" I laughed and walked upstairs towards my room.

I opened my laptop and started editing.

-a few hours later-

I finished my editing and was just answering a few emails when I got a call from an unknown number, so I answered it.

"Hello?" I questioned.

"Hey this is Brady's dad, Freddy" He sounded kind of sad.

"Oh uh hey Freddy, you okay?" I asked.

"No, uh not really" He said, "I don't really know how to break this to you"

"Break what to me? Is everything okay?"

"On Brady's way home from yours, he got into a car accident, I'm so sorry Elle"

A tear came to my eye, "No, no, no, no, can I come see him?" I asked, worried.

"Yeah he's in the hospital. But we don't know if he's gonna make it" Freddy said sadly.

"Okay I'm on my way, see you there?"

"See you there".

The line went dead.

I didn't know what to think, this couldn't have happened, could it?
His life can't be over yet?
So many emotions flustered through my mind, if I convinced him to stay a little longer, maybe this wouldn't have happened?

I couldn't think about this anymore, I had to get there as soon as possible, before I never see him again.

I ran down the stairs as quick as I could, I grabbed my phone and keys, still with my face soaking wet.

I opened the door only to see rain, great.

I rushed to my car door and was about to set off when JJ ran up to my door.

"Are you okay?" JJ said sweetly.

"I'm fine I promise, just tell Harry I'll be back soon, I don't want him to worry" I smiled.

"Yeah yeah sure"

"Bye" I smiled.

...

I walked into the hospital soaking wet.

"Hey, I'm here to see Brady Vixen" I said.

"Yep, he's in room 307 on the third floor, you'll have to wait outside until you get permission to go in" she smiled.

I ran as fast as I could to the lift so I could get to the third floor.

As soon as I got to the third floor I ran through the hall until I found 307 still with tears in my eyes.

I saw Freddy outside the room waiting for me, "Hey Freddy" I said sadly as I hugged him. I can't imagine how he's feeling right now, "How is he doing?"

"He's awake, the doctor said you can go in and see him, we're not sure he has long left" He said sadly.

"Okay thankyou" I smiled.

I walked into the room slowly and saw how worn out he looked.

"Brady" I said, trying not to break down.

"Noelle, I'm so sorry" He said, devastated. "I've probably ruined your whole day"

"Brady don't apologise, this isn't your fault"

"Brady, I just want you to know that I love you with everything I have. Ever since that first day I met you, that first day we hung out, the day we went to prom together. It's been a blast, and I couldn't have asked for a better person to spend my childhood with. I love you".

"I love you too Elle" he smiled.

"But you're acting like I'm leaving, am I?" he said with a sad look on his face.

"The doctors said they don't know how long you're gonna last" I said sadly. "But you're the strongest person I know, and I know you can break through this"

The door opened and in walked a nurse, "Unfortunately we're gonna have to ask you to wait outside, we're gonna run some tests and let you know the results" she smiled.

"Yeah of course, see you soon Brady" I smiled as I walked out.

...

A few minutes later I decided to check my phone and I saw tons of messages.

Harry: are u ok?
Harry: JJ said you would be back soon and ran out crying where are u?

I better reply.

Noelle: I'm fine I'll be back soon.

Harry: ur location says the hospital??? are u ok??? do i need to come there?

Noelle: It's not me, It's Brady.

Harry: Is he okay? omg

Noelle: we don't know yet, tell u abt it when i get back x

Harry: okkkk love u x

Noelle: love u x

Even more messages from JJ, Talia and Vik.

JJ: Harrys worrying are you coming back soon?
JJ: why are u at the hospital are u ok x

Noelle: I'm okay it's not me, talk abt it later x

Talia: Everyones worried are u okay? want me to come get u x

Noelle: I have my car, be back as soon as possible x

Vik: Harry is panicking, u should text him back x

Noelle: sorry abt this :( x

...

"Sorry guys visiting time is over, you can come back at 9am tomorrow or we'll call with results" the lady smiled.

"Okay"

I walked out of the hospital with Freddy, I gave him my final goodbyes then walked over to my car.

I got in my car and started to drive home, what a night.

...

I arrived home and stepped out of my car and towards the door.

As soon as I stepped into the house, many people ran towards me, one of them being a very tired looking Harry.

"Noelle, oh my god" Harry screamed lightly before engulfing me in a hug.

"I missed you too" I laughed.

"What happened is everything okay?" Harry asked.

"I had to leave they're letting me know in the morning" I sighed.

"But I'm exhausted so I'm going to bed goodnight" I lightly smiled.

As soon as I got to my bed I fell straight asleep. I really was exhausted.