thirty four

"The nurse from earlier has let me know, how much you eaten" Doctor Adams started saying. "We're going to give you another meal once your visitors have gone, if you don't eat a good amount, you'll have to stay in again. Otherwise, you are free to be discharged" Adams, proposed.

"Alright"

"So I'll check in soon, goodbye" Doctor Adams walked out.

I threw my head back, what is a good amount? I definitely can't eat all of it, there's no way.

...

Everyone left some time ago, Jide insisted he didn't go but I knew he needed rest. I really hope I get discharged tonight; this place is literally torture.

Doctor Adams walked in once again with a tray of food, "Hello, Noelle". This time, he brought in a plate of lasagne. Surely I can eat this, right?

"Hi" I smiled, "How much do I have to eat?"

He sighed, "Not a specific amount, but at least most of it".

I also sighed, "I'll uh try".

"I know this is going to be hard, but if you eat this you're free to be discharged" Adams replied, trying to persuade me.

I picked the fork up and twisted it slowly into the lasagne, "I can do this" I whispered to myself.

"Yes, you can Noelle" The doctor replied supportively.

I brought the fork to my shaky mouth and took a deep breath. I had the feeling of gagging, but I lightly brushed it off. I eventually placed the fork of lasagne into my mouth and slowly chewed. It took a while for the food to go down as I was so anxious, but it eventually did. I took more bites, a small amount at a time, still trying not to projectile vomit.

"Well done, you're doing so well so far".

I thanked him and continued trying to eat as much as I could handle. Bite after bite, it was getting harder and harder. But it's some improvement right?

"I can't, anymore" I admitted, nervously. I ate a little more than half of it, but I still didn't know if that was enough.

"That's okay don't worry" Doctor Adams smiled. "You are trying, and improving, I'm very proud of you Noelle".

"Thankyou" I smiled, almost with tears pricking in my eyes. "Am I uh, discharged?"

"As long as you keep trying meals like this every day, yes".

I smiled in delight, "Oh my God thank you, thank you!"

"Right, I'll go sort your documents out" He smiled, "Gather your things and meet me at the front desk".

With that, he strolled back out the room. Oh, thank God! I don't think I could've stood another minute in this place. I grabbed my bag and placed my phone, charger, toiletries, and a few other things I had, in there. I got changed from the hospital gown, into the clothes I came in. (A bit grim, to be fair). I made the bed quickly and immediately strolled out of that hell-hole.

I met Adams at the front desk, "Hello! We should have a check-up appointment in a few weeks, I'll give you a call in a few days".

"Okay, thank you".

"But apart from that, I've discharged you have a good rest of your day" Doctor Adams smiled.

"Thank you, you too!" I replied, warmly. "Honestly, thank you, you've helped me out so much". He smiled in reply.

I strolled through the sketchy, eerie hallways of the hospital. I reached the main door and realised, how am I supposed to get home. I don't have my car. I could ask Talia, or JJ. Or anyone, really. But I don't want to make a hassle, so I ordered myself an uber.

...

I had finally arrived home, I pushed open the front door slowly and wandered in. I then saw Talia's eyes light up from the kitchen, she suddenly ran over to me. "Oh my God, you're home! How're you doing?"

"I'm okay, thankyou" I smiled and embraced her in a warm hug. More and more people noticed I was back, so they came running over to me. Starting with Tobi and Josh, Ethan and Vik, Freya, and Simon.

"Hey, Noelle!"
"Omg, are you okay?"
"How are you?"
"We've missed you!"

"Hi, thankyou guys! I'm doing okay".

Then, just the man I wanted to see. "Babe, oh my God".

"Hey, honey" I smiled.

He immediately clasped me in a hug. "I'm so glad you're okay" He sighed.

We stayed like this for a few minutes and soon went to the living room to catch up about everything.

I scanned the room gradually and I noticed something. Still, no Harry?