Hogwarts - Ch.3

"Malfoy! Malfoy is the bloody Head Boy!" Ron barked as he entered the compartment.

Harry and Neville looked over at them, confused. "What?" Harry questioned, his eyes drifting to Hermione.

"He's head boy"Hermione confirmed hardly as she sat down. She had her arms crossed across her chest, and her jaw clenched. "He had his whole group with him- in the head compartment!"

"Wait, wait, wait" Neville spoke, sitting up straight. "Malfoy, as in Draco Malfoy, is head boy?"He asked.

"McGonagall has lost her bloody mind"Ginny shook her head. "Why would she pick him? There has to be a mistake"Neville said.

"He's the second best in our year, it makes sense academically, but logically..." Hermione shook her head.

Harry seemed deep in thought before he leaned back in his chair, waiting for them all to sit down before he spoke. "'Mione"

Hermione glanced over at him, "What?"

"Aren't you supposed to share a dorm- a living space with the head boy? Malfoy?"

Hermione froze. No, no, no. She'd completely forgotten. She felt herself pale. How was she supposed to live with him?

"I hope you remember what I said when you got the letter"Ginny muttered to her, a small smirk on her face.

Hermione shot Ginny a glare, a tint of pink appearing on her face. "Shut up!" She snapped.

-:-:-:-

"I'd say that went well"Blaise said as he closed the compartment door behind him. They returned to the head compartment after the prefect meeting.

"Did you see their faces, they looked surprised you even came back" Pansy grinned, leaning back in her seat as she spoke to Draco.

Draco smirked, tilting his head back against the head rest. He'd caught many people glaring at him during the meeting but his eyes were on the Head Girl the whole time.

It was almost a relief that she looked nothing like she did when she had been kidnapped to the manor. Her hair was washed and tamed. The bags under her eyes were fading. Her face was no longer pale. No cuts or open wounds.

"He's barely been away from her for 10 minutes and he's already thinking of her"He overheard Theo mumble.

Draco's head snapped towards him, watching him and Blaise snicker. He narrowed his eyes at them and they only smirked in return. Luckily, the rest hadn't heard anything. They were talking about sweets from what Draco could make out.

"Don't be daft" Draco snapped at them.

"Daft? Who do you think I'm talking about, Drakie? I never said a name" Theo smirked.

Draco glared at them, "screw off"

Though they turned away from him, he could still hear them muttering about a 'princess'.

-:-:-:-

Hermione tilted her head against the window, watching the sunset as she listened to Harry and Ron argue.

"You cheated!"

"I don't need to cheat to be better than you!"

"I'm great at Chess!"

"Pftt, stop lying to yourself"