November - Ch.24

"Draco. Malfoy. Wake up right now"

Hermione got no response and poked her head in the room from the balcony door. He had turned his back to her and thrown the covers over his head. She grunted, turning her boots back into slippers as she stormed over to him.

She snatched the covers away, letting the cold air reach him. "Come on. Just a glimpse"

"Glimpse of what?"He snarled, tugging on the covers as he tried to hide from the cold.

"Get up"

"Granger, fuc-"

"Please?"

He stopped mid sentence before huffing and reluctantly letting go of the covers she was pulling away. She heard him mumbling under his breath as he sat up, his back still to her.

She dropped the covers with a grin as he stood, rushing back outside. Her slippers turned into boots as she passed the balcony door.

He dragged himself across the room until he was standing in front of the balcony doors, wiping his eyes. It was colder than it had been the past week, and he accioed the covers to him.

Now a bit warmer, he focused on what was in front of him. The balcony was covered in snow, Hermione's footsteps spread out. She was standing in the middle of the balcony, her arms out as she let out a laugh.

She had a robe wrapped around her, her pink pyjamas showing underneath. Her hair was messy on her back and it shook with her every laugh. She turned to him, grinning. "Oh come on! Isn't it wonderful!"

He raised his eyebrows, a smirk tugging on his lips. "It's brilliant"

She looked back towards the snow falling from the sky, satisfied with his answer. She stepped forward, her hands coming up to grip the railing as she turned her gaze to the forest. It was like a thick white blanket had covered the grounds.

Draco transfigured the blanket around him into clothes, and they magically covered his body. He accioed his shoes to him before he stepped out onto the balcony. He leaned against the railing next to the door, watching her grin widen each time a snow flake landed on her hand.

His eyes wandered around, from the forest to the quidditch pitch and then his slightly-there-smirk dropped. Today was the Quidditch Match. He had forgotten they had rescheduled it.

He glanced over to the clock in their room. It was 6 in the morning. Their match was at 9. Maybe he had a bit more time to spare with her.

-:-:-:-

"We can't just leave the Quidditch Captain asleep, Theo" Pansy snapped.

"He'll be here in a minute, alright? I'm not going to suffer his moods this early in the morning"

"It's 7 and Draco still isn't awake-"

"You don't know that"

They all turned to Luna. "What?"Blaise said.

"He could be awake but just not in the common room" She shrugged. "He could still be with Hermione for all we know"

"Okay, I'm all for this Granger-Malfoy thing but you're putting a bit too much faith in them, Luna" Pansy shook her head.

"They fought last night, didn't they? I doubt they'll tolerate each other this early" Theo agreed.

"They fought?"Astoria repeated. "About what?"

Blaise grinned, "Nobody knows"