Back to Hogwarts - Ch.37

They had spent their remaining 2 weeks of the break away from everyone. They'd gone to Italy, France, Canada and Greece, Draco had shown her the Malfoy Estates, promising to take her to the others during Easter. They had all letters sent to their apartment, leaving nothing to disturb them during their getaway.

They had returned to Britain the night before they would go back to Hogwarts, only to find a thick stack of letters on the island in their kitchen. They had only told Blaise and Ginny their locations, incase of an emergency. Other than that, nobody had heard a word from them since Christmas.

The morning after they returned, the letters were now spread out across the coffee table, Hermione sorting through them and Draco making tea in the kitchen. He set her mug in front of her and then sat at the opposite side of the table, his own mug in his hand.

"You got 4 letters from your mother, 2 from Theo, 2 from Clark, 3 from Blaise, 1 from Emily Rosier-"

"Burn it"

She looked up from her letters with a raised eyebrow. "What?"

"Any letters from them, you burn them. Any from Emily, or Tracey or Sally or any of the rest of the girls. If they need something, their brothers will owl me, not them"

A pleased smile spread across her face, "Fine with me"

He smirked in return, "Who else?"

"Umm, 3 from Blaise and then one from the Ministry but it's addressed to both of us. Pansy and Daph sent two. You got one from Ernie and Neville too, and Harry"

He scrunched up his face, "Potter?"

"You're dramatic"

"I've been told. What does Potter want from me?"

"How would I know? It's your letter"

"But he's your friend"

"He could be yours too"

"Gross"

Hermione scoffed, looking back to the letters. She had much more than he did, but she doubted they were pleasant. There was 2 from Padma, 4 from Parvati, 1 from Seamus and another from Dean. She had 2 from Hannah Abbott, 1 from Susan Bones, 3 from Ginny and Harry. A letter from Ron caught her attention but she pushed it to the side. She had gotten one from Theo, another from the Greengrass sisters. 3 from Pansy, 2 from Blaise and 2 more from Luna.

They had each gotten letters from the public as well, but they had thrown them out as soon as they saw them. They didn't need public validation.

"Are you alright?"

She glanced up at him and found him watching her. She let out a sigh and dropped the letters on the table. "I've gotten a letter from each of my friends. I doubt they'll have anything pleasant to say. But what if they do? We've been gone for 2 weeks and no one has heard a word from us. The daily prophet was concerned"

"Open the good ones then"He told, leaning forward. "Potter and Weaselette are safe options. Theo, Pansy, Blaise and Luna are too, along with the sisters-"

He paused when he saw Ron's letter, his eyes narrowing as he glared at it. "What does he want-"

She held out the letter to him, cutting him off. "Open it. Don't get upset over something without reason. You know I'm not talking to him"

"There is a reason"He snapped. "He doesn't know how to back off"

"Then read it. You decide if it's worth telling me about" She told, shaking the letter in her hand. He averted his gaze from the letter to her, his eyes ever so slightly softening before he reached for it.