Vial - Ch.14

Draco tapped the door twice and it slid open. He glanced over to his father. Lucius Malfoy was strapped down into a chair by leather restraints. There was a table between them, two chairs across from Lucius.

"And to say I was surprised I would be getting a visit from my son" Lucius drawled.

His hair had been trimmed to his shoulders, covered in dust and rotten food. His skin was paler than normal. His clothes were white and blue- Azkaban 'uniform'. Draco brought his eyes back to his Father's face.

"Well, have a seat, I doubt you need an invitation" Lucius said calmly, gesturing to the seat in front of him.

Draco's face didn't change as he walked over, pulling out a chair and sitting directly across Lucius. "Is there a reason the Ministry has blessed me with 2 visits this month?" Lucius smirked.

"They've decided I should come see you," Draco told. "with my partner"

Lucius raised an eyebrow, "with your... partner?"

"Yes. My selected partner by the Wizengamot. They have made a marriage law" Draco stated.

"And... who is your partner?"Lucius asked slowly.

Draco smirked. "You'll see her soon. But according to Mother, you have some questions. I'd like to answer them"

"Of course," Lucius narrowed his eyes on his son. "You haven't visited once. After everything I've done, why?"

"Why?"Draco repeated, letting out a hallow laugh. "After everything you've done? Why wouldn't I visit?" Draco questioned.

"Yes." Lucius sat up straight in his chair, slowly becoming unamused with how Draco was acting. "Why?"

"Why would I? I had to pay for your consequences. I had to watch people come in and, rarely, out of my manor- many of them I knew. You volunteered our family up for slaughter. You watched us get tortured and you did nothing to stop it. I've tried to convince Mother to stop seeing you but she's set her mind"

"I did what was best for my family" Lucius snapped.

"Fine," Draco glared at him. "So am I"

The door behind him slid open, and Lucius looked up. He paled- his skin going white as he stared at his son's 'partner'. "Father, I would like you to meet Hermione Granger" Draco announced.

Lucius watched Hermione walk forward. Watched as she pulled out the chair beside his son, and sat beside him. Watched as she folded her hands in her lap and raising her head to meet his eye.

"The Ministry... has set you up... with a Mudblood?" Lucius snarled, averting his gaze to his son. "No. I won't allow it!"

"That really isn't your decision to make, is it?" Draco smirked, leaning back in his chair.

"I'm not allowing you to filthy our bloodline-"

"I'm the only heir of the Malfoy family. Unless you can convince the guards to let you out, I doubt you'll be able to replace me"

"I demand you withdraw from this law- whatever you have to pay-"

"You want me to be banished rather than marry Hermione?" Draco asked.

Hermione.

Lucius's nostrils flared as he slammed his fists down on the table. "If you so much as go within 10 inches of her-"

Hermione froze as Draco rested his left hand over hers, pulling her hands away from her lap and up onto the table. His thumb ran over the back of her hand in slow movements, making sure to catch Lucius's eye. She resisted the urge to close her eyes, he was seriously taunting a murderer.