Azkaban - Ch.13

NEW LAW ANNOUNCED?
On September 6, a letter was sent out to everyone in Wizarding Britain, from the ages of 16 to 30. The Ministry has only now allowed news sources to announce it (about a week or more later, on the 18th of September). This Law is called 'Promised Love', a Marriage Law that the Ministry has forced thousands of people to follow.

Many people are outraged by this law and have even came to protest at the Ministry. The Wizengamot has shown no signs of planning to remove this law however.

Reporter Rita Skeeter announced that she has seen a few glances of the results of this decision. "I went to Hogwarts on the 11th of this month, allowed entrance by the Wizengamot. You should've seen the loath in those students eyes, they were furious. They began screaming and yelling, oh my, I heard things that no one should ever say!" Claimed Rita Skeeter.

"I managed to stick by enough to get some of the pairings. Harry Potter, the boy who lived, has gotten Ginny Weasley! And her brother? Ron Weasley? Apparently he's gotten his ex-girlfriend!" She told.

"What about Hermione Granger? The third to the golden trio?" Asked Reporter Quinn Rylie. Rita Skeeter grinned, "Nobody knows".

Hermione scoffed, tossing the paper across her bed. "'Nobody knows,' like it's such a mystery"She muttered.

"You know, mumbling to yourself isn't a good sign that you're sane"

She turned her head to glare at him. He had his back to her- shirtless with the top of his shoulders showing, the rest of his body concealed by his covers. "Weren't you asleep 2 seconds ago?"She snapped.

"It's hard to stay that way when you have a very loud and obnoxious roommate" He retorted, moving to lay on his stomach as he turned his head to glare back at her.

"Me?! I can hear you and your little roaches yelling from the common room at 5 in the morning! Don't you dare say I'm loud!"

He groaned, burying his face in the pillow, her voice too loud for an early morning. "You should see you and your wonder group, you don't know how to bloody sleep. All you do is talk and talk and talk, and it's never anything good"

"Spying, are you?"She questioned, cocking an eyebrow.

He didn't answer, having looked up just as a barn owl flew to their window. He furrowed his brows and sat up, reaching for the window between their beds.

The owl flew in and dropped the letter on Draco's bed before flying up to sit on the rim of the canopy. Hermione pulled her blanket around herself, the wind seeping into their room. When Draco made no move to close it himself, She waved her wand and it shut.

Draco had taken the letter, sitting on his bed with his legs crossed and an unamused look on his face. He read through the letter quickly and Hermione pretended to reread the daily prophet, waiting to see if he would say anything.

A minute passed, then another, and then it became 5 minutes of pure silence, except for the hooting of the owl.

Hermione stole a glance at Draco before doing a double take. He had paled- much more than he usually did. He was glaring at the letter, and then ripped something off it. It was a small black rectangle card, gold words written across.