Surprise - Ch.38

Two weeks later, the same happened again. And then again two weeks after. Hermione didn't seem as surprised by it as he was, which irritated him. He was the only one stressed over it, not even Potter or Weaselette were worried.

It had been 4 days since the last one and now they were sitting in the common room, watching as Luna and Lavender decorated for Valentine's Day. It was a week away but the two had insisted until they all agreed.

He was talking to Blaise, Hermione's head against his shoulder as she read her book. She rarely left his side, always either cuddled up next to him or only 5 feet away. He could still tell she wasn't feeling well, her hands either shaking or her skin cold to the touch.

"Mate, I've been talking to you for the last 5 minutes and you haven't said a word"

Draco blinked, his thoughts fading as he looked at Blaise. "What?"

Blaise rolled his eyes and stood as the portrait opened. He walked over to Luna, pecked her on the cheek before announcing his departure.

"Where are you going?" Draco asked suspiciously.

"I'm going to bury you a 6 foot hole and have you fall into it. Punishment for ignoring me"

"He's been ignoring everyone. Other than Granger, of course. Granger is the only person he knows now" Theo huffed as he closed the portrait behind him and Daphne.

"I'd choose her over you too"Lavender grinned as she stepped off the stool, looking up at the decorations.

Hermione hid a smile as she continued to read, hearing Theo complain about her as he walked over to the couch. "He used to be my friend, you know, he used to only care for me and then Belle over here came rushing in, stole my beast and got married and turned him into a Prince!"

She slowly looked up from her book, narrowing her eyes at Theo. "Was that a muggle reference, Theodore?"

He huffed as he dropped into his seat. "Potter might've sent me a book or two"

"At least it wasn't one on how to please a witch"Draco muttered under his breath. "He'd be curled up underground if he knew of my abilities-"

Hermione pressed a hand against his mouth quickly, turning in her seat. "Please shut up" She told, her cheeks reddening as Pansy and Daphne exchanged a look.

He smirked against her hand, his arm dropping from the top of the couch to around her waist. She pulled her hand back and pinched him in the side before standing, her cheeks bright red.

He was about to pull her back but then saw Ginny standing not too far away, waving Hermione over. She pecked him on the cheek, said good bye to the others before following her out.

He narrowed his eyes at Ginny who flashed him a smirk before rushing out of the common room, taking his fiancé with her.

-:-:-:-

Another week passed, Hermione had been sneaking off so often that the only times he had with her were during classes and before he fell asleep. She was gone by the time he woke up.

He would find her whispering with Ginny in the common room, then the two of them together during classes. Potter was now forced to sit with him while their fiancés sat together.

Harry had proposed to Ginny during New Years' but they had decided to keep it quiet until the first week of January had passed. The Daily Prophet hadn't found out yet, and they intended to keep it that way.

They were half way through Transfiguration, last class of the day, and he and Harry had decided they had to separate the two of them if they wanted to find something out. They had tried before, but one would warn the other with a raise of her eyebrows and the slightest shake of her head.