Narcissa Malfoy - Ch.19

Draco stepped around his mother to close the doors of the room and then lit up more torches in the room. "Mother, She's been chosen as... my wife"

"A Mud- A muggleborn"

Draco looked away from his mother and avoided looking in Hermione's direction. "Yes"

"She's to carry the next generation of Malfoy heirs" She was aware of the minimum of two children.

"Yes"

There was a silence and Draco risked a glance at his Mother. She stood tall, back straight and her face clear of emotion but her eyes filled with rage. She was glaring at Hermione. He turned to look at her.

She was leaning against the wall, eyebrow raised and arms crossed. Her ankles as well. There was not a single emotion crossing through her eyes nor her face. She wasn't glaring, no, she just held his mother's gaze.

"I believe it's Ms.Granger? The same Ms.Granger that was brought here in March?"

"Yes" Hermione answered this time. Her voice didn't waver, it was proud. It made him wonder how much control she had, to be entering a place of her torture and to be acting as if it effected her not one bit. But he knew her. Knew how her anger boiled.

Narcissa eyed her in distaste. "You, then, are the reason the visit between my son and his father didn't go well?"

Draco watched her fight off a smirk, a barely noticeable twitch in her lips. "Yes"

"So you've not only restricted my husband of visiting privileges but you've damaged their relationship?"

"Mother,"Draco said, "You know how it was long before the Law was announced"

"Your father might not be sane without visits! Do you not see her! She is thrilled with it!" His mother snapped.

"She didn't say a word while we were in the room, Mother. I spoke to him. He went mad when he saw her and the guards saw it as a threatening intention and made us leave"

Narcissa was still glaring at Hermione, having not looked away as Draco spoke. "Tipsy"

An elf appeared instantly. It bowed, before standing up straight, it's eyes eager. "Tipsy, take Ms.Granger to the dining room. I need a word with my son. Bring tea to my office" Narcissa told.

She turned on her heel and walked out the door, not waiting for Draco. Draco resisted the urge to roll his eyes as he fixed the cuffs of his sleeves. "Tipsy, you are to give Granger whatever she wants" He told, knowing his mother would make her wait in the dining room for at least an hour.

"Of course, Master" The elf bowed and Draco strode out of the room, not a glance at Hermione as he went.

"Stupid Malfoys" She growled

The fact of knowing she would be spending the rest of her life around them infuriated her. It was even worse that they knew they could bring her to such level of frustration. They would use it to their advantage, just like Draco always did.

She followed the elf silently out of the room, her eyes wandering around as she was taken to the dining room. Portraits were more frequent the deeper she went into the manor. They scowled down at her, sneering and baring their teeth as she passed. She had to hide a smirk as she thought they acted quite closely to dogs.

-:-:-:-

"I will have her replaced"

"What?"

"I'll exchange her for another girl, anyone you want. You're close to Astoria Greengrass aren't you? I know you're good friends with her sister"