Owls - Ch.11

Saturday came by rather slowly. Draco and Hermione had managed to ignore each other quite well. Maybe it was because of the deadlines and they found it easier not to discuss the law. The law, in fact, was the only thing they had ever discussed.

Nearly all of 6-8th year had been dreading the coming weekend, knowing the ministry would be sending them more rules. Again, they woke up to owls delivering letters to their rooms.

Hermione practically jumped out of her bed when she saw the owl flying towards the window. She didn't even notice her roommate wake up due her loud movements as she threw the window open.

"And you were complaining that I was loud" She heard him groan as the letter was dropped off.

She rolled her eyes and looked down at the letter in her hands. To Mrs. and Mr. Malfoy. She grimaced. "Gross" She muttered as she flipped the letter over, tearing it open.

She heard his bed squeak as he moved but didn't pay him much attention as she began to read the letter.

Dear Mrs. and Mr. Malfoy,

We hope the first week of your pairing has been pleasant and that you've gotten to know each other better. As mentioned in the last letter (sent out on September 6), you will have certain deadlines within your relationship, assigned to you by the Ministry.

You know well that this law was put up due to the drop of rates in population that was caused during the Wizarding War. Though the relationship may be forced (depending on the pairing), we don't want to restrict couples from having a full experience of how their life could've been.

This being said, we have added deadlines for the following; Meeting the parents, engagement/ engagement party, wedding, and (as a requirement), pregnancy.

Your deadlines are all before September 1999.

For meeting the parents, your deadline is; October 21, 1998 | Engagement; February 01, 1999 | Wedding; May 03, 1999 | Pregnancy; June 15, 1999.

You will be checking in with the Headmistress of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Minerva McGonagall so she can confirm that you have finished these tasks before the deadlines.

We wish you the best of luck,

The Wizengamot of the Ministry of Magic

"Fucking is now a task" Draco scoffed.

She jumped and spun around to face him. She hadn't even heard him sneak up behind her. Her glare faltered as she realized he was standing relatively close to her, in nothing but trousers. His torso bare to her, allowing her to see the marks and scars on his body.

The one from his left shoulder, down to his right hip caught her eye almost instantly. It stood out on his pale skin in dark red marks, and it didn't take long for Hermione to put two and two together to know it was the results of the Sectumsempra.

There were another few scars spread across his chest, though they were faint compared to the large red marks of Harry's curse. The Sectumsempra marks almost looked like thick vains, well spread out and-

"Eyes up here, Granger"

Her eyes snapped up to meet his, and her glare returned when she caught sight of his smirk. Her face flushed red, even as she tried to even her breaths at the way he stared at her. A tad bit of amusement, maybe even smugness glinting in his eyes. "What're you doing?" She questioned, crossing her arms.