Nick Fury

In training, I have beaten up Loki's ass with ease. First, we did combat fighting without our powers since I hadn't figured out yet how to use them with these new restraints. A bit later I agreed on Loki using his magic with an ulterior motive in my mind, to discover how to activate my powers during stress.

Let's just say, I snapped my fingers and Loki jumped right into the portal hitting the wall instead of me. After I found out how to use my limited ability, I and him had a fair fight. Although he is a strong competitor, mostly I have won.

On the quinjet, I plummet directly on my seat and sleep through the whole flight. I was exhausted after rehearsal, wasn't used to it anymore with all the surging power in my veins. Even though it wasn't the full potential I have shown, my body feels hell sore.

When we finally arrive in D.C. at S.H.I.E.L.D.'s headquarters, I hobble on the way to the Director's office. When Natasha and Steve aren't looking, Loki likes to put a foot in front of my feet so I would stumble every now and then. Every time the two Avengers look back with a raised brow, asking me if I am alright. When they turn their heads back again Loki snickers and I send off a wave of my black mist and hit the back of his head.

"I would like to speak with them alone, thank you." Director Fury says and dismisses Black Widow and Captain America.

While Loki takes a seat on the armchair, I like to stay straight, mimicking Nick Fury's posture with his hands behind his back.

"What's so urgent that you need us both, Director?" I question impatiently as he studies me with his one eye.

Yes, his eye is kind of intimidating a little, it makes me uncomfortable to talk with him. Not because he is scaring me, no, but because you just don't know where to look at. The eye or the eyepatch?

He clears his throat and I blink my attention back to the monitor he is showing us. It is a map with some analyses of abnormal activity in England, London to be exact.

"Since a few days, our science department found some abnormal activity in that area."

"Yes, I can see that, I'm not stupid, Fury," I tell him sternly and walk closer to the device.

Loki follows behind as if he is trying to understand what is going on but I can tell his squinting eyes hint at a lot of confusion.

"Why don't you send your scientists, Director?" Loki questions the question I had in mind.

The more I look at the Data on the abnormality the more it looked familiar to me. As I try to remember where and when I last saw that kind of information, the signal suddenly is lost.

"That's the reason." Fury points to the lost signal sign. "Every time we send someone down, it's gone. We don't have the time for that bullshit."

"And why should we look out for that bullshit?" I ask him and cross my arms. "And is he even allowed to get out of the tower?"

"Do you want to spend an eternity in the Avenger's Tower? We just thought it would be something more exciting for the two of you."

"Who said I wanted to leave the Tower? I do like it in there." I explain as I sit on the chair with my shoes on the Director's desk.

He stares at my feet but I don't give a damn and just return him a smile.

"Shadow, we should reconsider his offer." Loki leans down and whispers at me. Fury dismisses himself to give us some time to think about it. "Or would you rather be locked up in that tower?"

I sigh and get up to face Loki. "As far as I remember, Fury didn't offer us anything."

"He did offer us to get out."