T-1 Hour Before Launch

Loki and Natasha have left earlier since they needed to get to the airport in disguise to fool Pierce. We left a little bit later. Agent Hill, Steve, Sam, and I were hiking our way to the headquarters where Project Insight will be launched soon.

I groan tiredly as I feel my feet hurting from all the walking. Not being used to it at all since otherwise I'd usually use teleportation to get to my location. "How much longer will this stupid hiking take?"

Agent Hill rolls her eyes while Steve smiles amused as Sam speaks up: "If any of us can complain, it should be me and you the least."

"And why so? Why not Hill?", I whine back and frown.

And with every step I take, a leaf or branch crunches beneath my feet which gets onto my nerves. I mean, we're sneaking into a facility and I hate it to be this loud. Although, I know we're not near the building yet, I like to be quiet from the beginning already. Otherwise, I have the feeling there's always coming a sound from somewhere.

Sam gives me a side eye but still explains. "She's a skilled Agent, probably trained for stuff like this. Steve, he's obviously a super soldier and you," He pauses to walk backward since I'm walking behind him, and he points a finger at me. "You are a Goddess, no need for explanation on that."

He turns back around and I let out an exasperated sigh. We keep walking in silence for a few more minutes until we finally see the building of our target. Our feet keep us dragging until we reach the facility. Luckily for us, Maria got us a way inside with her spy skills.

We go up by stairs, the three of us following Hill. I scrunch my nose at how sterile the stairways smell. I expect it to be smelled in the hospital but not at S.H.I.E.L.D. Though, since the organization isn't what it was once and is probably more HYDRA, I understand why it smells like shit.

As we reach a door to the tech room, Steve knocks at the door. I stand aside while Sam and Maria point their guns at the poor technician who opened up the door for us. His eyes widen at the sight of us.

"Excuse us,", Steve apologizes.

The tech raises his hands and runs off. I squeeze myself through the three to step inside the room, followed by them. The rest three technicians widen their eyes and start to rush out of the room. Steve inspects the microphone and presses the button.

"Attention, all S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. This is Steve Rogers. You've heard a lot about me over the last few days, some of you were even ordered to hunt me down. But I think it's time you know the truth. SHIELD is not what we thought it was, it's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The STRIKE and Insight crew are HYDRA as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want: absolute control. They shot Nick Fury and it won't end there. If you launch those Helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way, unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not."

I smirk during the Captain's speech and clap my hands as soon as he was done talking.

"Did you write that down first, or was it off the top of your head?", Sam asks in disbelief, although he too was curious like me.

Steve shakes his head and tells us to move. Hill stays in the control room, hacking into the system to have an overview of the hellicarriers. That makes me and Sam follow the Captain.

"They're initiating launch," Maria Hill informs us through our comms that have been given to all of us back in our secret basement.

I feel my heart start beating faster, getting nervous the closer we get to the three hellicarriers and the sooner the launch gets. When I hear the engines roar, I'm holding my breath to bind my powers that are buzzing right at the moment.