Cleopatra's Twin

Warning: it gets 🔥🌶️

My mirror reflection is causing uneasiness. Two maids are helping me to dress up for the occasion tonight. That's how I woke up from my long-awaited sleep. Dressers kick the door open and clap their hands. I was so startled by the sudden attack that I still now malfunctioned. Loki was about to rant when the head maiden told him these were orders from the king and queen.

I can't see exactly what I'm wearing since one of the girls is doing my makeup while the other is tailoring my dress. A yelp escapes my mouth when the beautician starts braiding my hair. She huffs in response as she continues brushing my hair. To my offense, I had no time for my hair after the ride on the Bifrost. My hair was a knotted mess.

Once everything slows down and comes to an end, I take in what stares right back at me from the mirror. I tilt my head and the girls finish off the rest. Taking a step towards my reflection, an icing shiver runs down my spine as my blood boils.

"Who's idea was this with the dress?", I question bitterly and bite my tongue to hold from screaming at innocents.

The brunette maiden who tailors steps in front. "Is something not right, your highness?"

I turn on my heels, the dress' black fabric flowing with my movement as I quirk my brows. The formality takes me by surprise and my Anger falters to a frown.

"Highness?" I ask myself as I look into the scared faces of the maids. My face softens as I realize I'm scaring her unintentionally.

"You aren't familiar with our formalities, are you?" My head snaps to Loki who wears his usual Asgardian attire. The one that almost looks like the one he attacked in New York, just with more Gold tailored. On my face is a huge question mark plastered. Loki shakes his little laugh off. "Once you are seen with a royalty, you are a royalty yourself."

I scoff and turn back around to check myself out in the mirror again. The dress doesn't look anything familiar to Asgardian clothing. It is more comparable to my origin.

It is a sleeveless midnight chiffon dress. Tailored for my upper body to fit perfectly and show off all my curves. The fabric is made from the same bandages for the mummies. The white just got drained in black color. From the waist downwards it's similar to chiffon. It is loose and sways with my movements.

As for jewelry, I get golden bracelets. The luxury bangles fit perfectly around my biceps. Similar to them I have each one of them on my thigh and ankles which when perfect lighting reflects through the chiffon. A choker, similar to Cleopatra's, defines my collarbones.

My makeup looks like they looked up how Cleopatra did hers. Eyeshadow covers my whole eyes which gladly covers up my scar that only shows up in the moonlight. Blood-red lipstick stains my lips and some golden lines trace my cheekbones and vertically in the middle of my forehead.

My outfit contains only two colors. The ones of my family. Black and gold. Which I would show off proudly if I weren't too ashamed of it, though. I bite the inner of my cheeks as the guilt washes over me.

"Why?" I breathe out as I try to stop the haunting past. I close my eyes to hold the tears and look at Loki from my reflection. We are alone from now on.

"It is tradition." Loki shrugs and spins me around by grabbing my shoulder gently. But I push him out of my way and walk towards the exit. Just to keep me away from looking back into that mirror.

"I didn't mean that. I meant why I am wearing this stuff."

I frown and wave my hands on my body to show him what I meant. He squints his eyes then his look softens. A click with of his tongue he follows me and takes my hand. Again we look into each other's eyes but this time it feels different. I feel like he's trying to be nice, with no fooling around or tricks.