Truth or Dare?

Loki leans back on the couch making himself comfortable and so do I.

"I'll pick the truth," he replies smugly.

And so I think about a question. I want to get to know him a bit better and dig deeper into his soul. But I need to be careful because I know he will do the same. Thus, I chose a simple question.

"You like pranks. What was the one prank that you are really proud of?"

He smiles amused, his eyes shine with happiness as he remembers that one trick of his.

"Sif had been sleeping outside once with her hair unbound. Let us just say, we were never truly friends. And I took the opportunity to cut a strain of her dark hair. I did get punished after that when she found out."

Due to the laughing, I almost choke on my drink that I was sipping on it. "That's bitter. How did she punish you?"

"Ah-ah. One question at a time, my dear. It's my turn now. What do you choose?" I roll my eyes and pick a dare. "Right to the point. Are you sure you want to do a dare that I chose?"

"I still can dodge it," I say nonchalantly and wait for the dare he dares me to do.

"You have been warned. I dare you to crawl around the sofa."

I raise my brows and glare at him. He grins devilishly, knowing damn well that he wants to humiliate me. Letting out a growl, I get on my knees then to all four, and start to crawl around the furniture we're sitting on. When I finished circling it, I jump back up, feeling slightly dizzy due to the intus, and sit back down.

"Done, now you. Truth or Dare?" He replies with a dare. "Good choice. I dare you to shift into the Jötun form."

"No," he answers patronized, and takes a shot. His jaw clenches and scrunches his nose.

"You're no fun. Why not?"

"Truth or Dare, princess?" He skillfully ignores my question and I sigh to let it be and chose truth. "Is the man before HYDRA the only reason why you don't let yourself feel love again?"

Picking on the skin of my hand, I try to breathe and then take a shot. My lips twitch just at the thought of all the horror that followed after him.

"Next," I say bluntly and enjoy the burn running down my throat.

"Why do you want to see me in my other form?" He scratches the back of his nose, Feeling unsettled about why I want to see him in his true Heritage form.

"Truth or Dare Loki. It's my turn."

"No." He puts his glass on the coffee table. "Let's make a deal. I show you my other form and you tell me the truth."

I scoff and put my glass next to his. "No is a no. You had your chance."

"Why not? What was it that you cannot even speak about it after such a long time?" My fingers pick harder on my skin but either he doesn't see my anger or he wants to push me even further. He glances down at my hand and then a small smirk crosses his lips. "It's not. It is because you think you do not deserve any after what you had done."

I growl and snatch my knife from my holster. My nose flared, my blood boiling with anger. I hover over him and point the butterfly right on his chest. I doubt that this small knife will pierce through his armor but it should just be a warning after all. Loki watches all of my movements and he doesn't look worried at all. Casually, he puts a hand on my cheek. He observes me. My expression must be shocked and soft at the same time because I didn't expect him to do such a move. Plus, I think my face reddens also.

How does this man make a Goddess like me feel so vulnerable under his touch?

And he watches all of my reactions toward him. Perhaps he's even reading my mind, I don't know but I try my best to shut him out without having any of my powers. But the emotions are something I cannot hide anymore before him and that makes me worried.

"A God does not lie to a God." He pushes my knife away with his finger. "I have you." He smirks mischievously. My breath gets caught in my throat and I pull myself away. "Dare."

I blink my confusion away as he suddenly continues with the game. Trying to keep my cool and not think about it any further. Clearing my throat, I start to think of a new dare. I still feel emotional and want to fight it. That's how I pick his new dare.

"Fight me. Without powers, I want to know what I'm capable of without them."

He gets up and nods. He closes his fists and the furniture of Sam's living room gets moved away to give us some space to fight. After he takes his fighting stance I lunge at him. Jumping up, I snake my legs around his waist to tackle him down. But he's stronger and steadies his balance. He untangles my legs and pushes me away, making me stumble backward but I am able to catch my fall. I breathe heavily, but yet, I want to have a real fight. He's still holding back.

"Come on, give me a harder challenge!"

"Oh, I will." Loki smiles and starts creating illusions of himself that attack me from every direction, trying to overwhelm me. "They may look real, but they are not. Do not waste your energy on them. Focus!"

I roll my eyes at his advice. "Thanks, Yoda," I say sarcastically and throw the knives at each of the illusions.

As the knives go through them, they disappear. But he takes the opportunity where I am distracted to appear behind me and pulls me down with a double leg sweep, pinning me to the ground. I let out a huff as I hit the floor.

"You are very talented, you know that, Shadow? Yet, you seem to be a little distracted."

I try to break free from his hold. "Thank you?" I let out as I almost admitted my defeat.

His breathing gets slightly heavy and his arms which are pinning me down, start to shake a bit due to the strain.

"Do you admit defeat?"

His eyes bore into my soul. My heart is almost jumping out of its ribcage as I look into those stunning glowing emerald gems. I gulp but can't hold the smile that comes from my heart.

"What if not? I do like us in this position."

My breath matched his. His eyes start to dilate. The heat of the fight makes his hair damp around his face. His face was a bit redder than usual but still composed. Something that my face wouldn't show at the moment. He looks quite alluring like this. Only his eyes give a hint of the wildness that is burning behind his smile.

Suddenly, he gets close, leaning forward toward me. My breath hitches. I feel his breath on my skin that sends me goosebumps all over my body and then he whispers low: "Well, the view is very tempting to look at from this position too."

I can't hold the butterflies in my stomach anymore if I don't get out of this position. And so, I tap out.

"Good girl."

My heart is racing and my breathing is heavier than ever before. Quickly, I sit down on the couch where Loki joins me and we continue the game.

-------------------------------

Author's Note:

I'm so sorry for last week. If you got a notification of me mistakingly updating something, it was because I wanted to try out something. So, this is the apology chapter.

Next update comes as usual on Sunday!