Evacuate Sokovia

In the quinjet, I got a lot of compliments about my new suit. On how it fits me like a pair of gloves and my heritage.

When Loki saw me in my new battle outfit, he reacted like the groom seeing his bride for the first time. I'd be happier if I could but I tried to smile. Yet, to Loki, it didn't go unnoticed.

To cheer me up, Loki enchanted the golden ankh on my chest and told me that whenever I needed him, all I had to do was to lay my hand over my heart and whisper his name and he'll come, no matter what distance. And with my suit on, his mind can be linked to mine when he needs me to call out for my help.

At first, I didn't like to show who I truly was but eventually, Natasha and Bucky cheered me up. Telling me about her story of how she got recruited as a Black Widow. The real reason she told me her story wasn't because of how she turned out to be the best spy but because of how our story continues.

The story of what we will become. Whether it's to be a hero or not.

And my new story began when I joined the Avengers.

Loki and I didn't exchange words. I didn't want to bother him so I observed the twins, Pietro and Wanda. The Sokovians volunteered for an experiment led by HYDRA.

While Pietro was always on the move, may it be some stretching, pacing around, or just his ADHD kicking in, Wanda takes a glimpse at Vision every few times.

I even caught Vision catch a glimpse of her too and when I wasn't watching them, I felt as if I got stared at.

"It comes to my attention, that Wanda, you, and I are somehow linked together."

Vision phases next to me which makes me shriek out of surprise. Exaggeratedly, I lay my hand over my heart as if to stop it from barging out of its cage.

"Holy shit, Vision!"

Tony snaps a finger at me and comments to Steve, "She said a bad language word!"

Steve and I roll our eyes at his childish behavior while Bucky next to Steve laughs. Next to me, Loki growls and I guess he rolled his eyes too. It feels as if he has no patience for this bullshit nor any nerves for whatever. This only confirms my choice of not telling him yet what I am hiding from him. And it makes me nervous that when this war with Ultron ends, I need to confess the abortion to him.

"I apologize, Ms Butcher. It wasn't my intention to scare you. I've only meant to ask if you knew why we seem to be linked to each other."

Before I could even answer, Loki pulled me to him and cut me off, "Perhaps it is because of the mind stone."

Vision looks at Loki with an emotionless expression before he nods acknowledging him and me. As he turns around and goes over to Wanda, probably asking her the same question, I glare at Loki and ask him why the hell he's reacting that way.

"I am not overreacting but he had been devouring you with his plasticized eyes."

I take a deep breath before replying. I want to calm my nerves before I yell at him for no reason.

"Have you had in mind that he's not even a day old? Maybe he was watching all of us just like a puppy discovering the world. And you can't blame him for looking at me and her when we have a common thing like the mind stone."

He huffs out and gets up, walking over to his brother without further opening. I ball my hands, trying my very best to not overreact and focus on our upcoming fight. With my eyes closed, I concentrate on my breath, breathing in and out controllably slow.

Until I felt a presence beside me. I peer one eye open and to my surprise, it's Wanda who sits next to me, trying to find her words.

"I won't bite unless you try to implant a nightmare into my head again," I assure her with a wicked smile as I open both of my eyes. She looks up at me with her brows tight upwards. "And if you do so, I won't hesitate to throw you into my realm."