Vision

Shadow's p.o.v.

Thor explained everything after we got out of the Norn's Cave and calmed down a bit. The water of sight drained our powers and we needed to load our power. To do so, we sat down on the large rock in the middle of the cold Norwegian grass field. Erik left us alone, leaving his recorder behind and telling us that he couldn't help us anymore.

While I saw nothing in my visions, Thor got enlightened by reentering his dream. He saw all the infinity stones in their vessels. Put them together and they're the strongest weapon in the whole universe.

"Are you implying, Shadow is the most powerful being in the universe?", Loki questions.

I'm fidgeting with my butterfly knife as I listen to every word Thor has said. Loki notices my nervousness and grabs my hands, holding them tightly into his while he rubs circles with his thumbs.

I understand why Loki asks the question. Owning the powers of the space, mind, and reality stone I'm halfway there to own all of them. And I also understand why Thor sends me warily glances when he mentions the powers of the Infinity Six.

"I am not confident, Loki." Thor gives his full attention back to me. "The six infinity stones together are almost undefeatable. Do your absorbing powers have the same powers as theirs?"

I smile softly and flip my knife back to its socket. "A copy is never the same as the original."

Loki's hand lets go of mine and goes through his hair as he shoots up to his feet. He paces around and looks up to the sky as if he asks God the question personally.

"By all means, why did Thoth say she is the key?"

"You spoke to the all-knowing Thoth?", I question in awe.

I've never met any of the greatest Gods and Goddesses of my pantheon besides my father. But from all the stories I've been told, Thoth was my idol. She knew every answer to every question. From her, I earned a mindset that says, intelligence is the most underrated power.

But my joy of speaking about her fades away when I repeat the question in my mind, "I am the key to what?"

Loki's eyes soften but he masks it quickly with a stern face. Yet, he was not fast enough to hide it completely from me.

"What else did she tell you?" I rephrase my question. But Loki shifts on his feet, trying to avoid telling me the truth. "Loki, I am not going to repeat myself. Do you understand?"

I stand up and strut toward him. What I thought was that he would back up but instead, he straightens his posture. A lump is stuck in my throat when he glowers down at me.

His features from when I met him first are back. The hard gaze on me, as if he was trying to read my soul. To finally spill out the secret I am hiding from him.

"Oh?" Loki chuckles as his eyes darkens.

I wanted to take a step back but he approaches me again and slings his hand from behind, gripping my neck from creating any space between us. Although his grip wasn't hurting, it still was fierce, yet gentle. At least he has no intentions of hurting me but this is a serious warning.

"Now you expect me to tell you the truth when you were telling an untruth to me in the bath?"

My heart stopped beating when his words were traced with venom but they still came out with a slight tremble as if I hurt him for the white lie.

"It shall be established on mutuality." He sighs and lets go of me. His eyes dart to the ground before he meets my tear-glazed eyes. "You should comprehend, I never have lied to you and never will."