Walking in Circles

Author's Note: Warning, it gets smutty.

As we got home, I locked the car after Loki got out too, and headed straight into the house. I slam the door right in front of Loki's door who then reopens it and shuts it angrily back close.

"How mature of you," he mutters. His face is slightly annoyed but his eyes glimmer a tad bit of amusement.

Swiftly, I turn around and push him into the door, a dagger in my hand pointed at his chest. My body shook slightly from all the anger I felt. Not fury towards him but me. It is hard to understand why I could perfectly fine hide my emotions all these years and now with the God in front of me, it gets difficult to control them. And I can't understand the reason why.

"Say another word and I'm going to kill you slowly while you drown in your blood."

"Do you truly believe the words slipping out your mouth?" Suddenly an emerald shimmer appears in front of me as he disappears. My dagger now pressed on the door. I get turned around and pinned at the door. His strong grip on my wrist makes me let go of my dagger, and with a loud clink, it hits the floor. His eyes darken but I stay bold. "We both know you would not withstand what comes after you when it comes to murder people."

My eyes widen. What does he know about me? Oh, shit. I forgot. I haven't deactivated his powers so he must have invaded my mind on the car ride. Or maybe even in my dreams?

I clench my jaw. I'm not used to unpredictable things and he is one of those kinds. This means I have to play his game if I don't want to lose

"Everybody runs away from something," I whisper. "Even you. As an example the one who sent you to New York." His hold on me loosens and I yank my arm away. His green eyes widen, brows furrow, and our intense gaze on one another leaves as he snaps his head away. For one second, I could see his mask fade away. "He can't get you, not with the team. That's why you stayed willingly with me, don't you?"

Loki greets his teeth as if he is choosing his next words. He slowly tilts his head toward me. His expression now is hard to read.

"Please do tell from who you are running. You are not so fearless as you say, is it?"

I walk past him and go straight to the bar, pouring myself a drink. Pure whiskey. The need of drowning in alcohol to forget the memories is growing inside of me.

"I am Shadow Butcher, the Goddess of Death. And I have a burden dragging with me since I did a mistake." I down the whiskey all at once and hold a finger up to keep Loki from talking. "I am the one to fear and sometimes I am running away from myself."

"What else?" I look back up at him from the glass in my hand. He looks at me as if he knew I wasn't telling the whole truth. Expectant, he waits for me to continue but I just blink the thought away. "I do believe what you have said but I am certain you are keeping something else from me."

"Why did you attack New York?" Loki sighs tiredly, annoyed that I don't let loose about this situation. I walk to him and get on my tiptoes as I lean into his ear to whisper. "Exactly, I'm not going to tell you either."

Loki snatches my waist and holds me in the position we are in. His eyes dilate as his eyes jump from my lips to my eyes, back and forth. "Are we running in circles, my dear?"

"If your hand doesn't stop, then yes." I moan as his fingers trace my waist down to my core.

A breath of chuckle rolls out his tongue and he gently spins me around. His other hand was underneath my chin. The finger pushes my head up to look him in the eyes. He uses his magic and I am now back wearing my dress from the party.